Sign in to follow this  
JOHNNY AT THE FAIR

THE WORLDS FAIR REPORT

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2008 at 12:07 AM, Mike Kraus said:

Just a reminder, the complete series of Progress Reports are available on CDR from nywf64.com.

http://www.nywf64.com/shopping02.shtml

As usual for this date, this is a dead link.

Is this item still available?

The plan for the NYS pavilion came true due to the idiotic logic of the Fair Corporation in the final months.  If by the words, "may be altered," they meant neglect, no funding, rust, rot and graffiti artists, they were correct.  And if their words "recreation center" envisioned drug deals, ruining the Texaco map with ten million roller skate wheels and fifty years of searing summers and frigid winters slowly devouring the pavilion, then the Corporation was spot on.

7 hours ago, Jim said:

The plan for the NYS pavilion came true due to the idiotic logic of the Fair Corporation the final months.  If by the words, "may be altered," they meant neglect, no funding, rust, rot and graffiti artists, they were correct.  And if their words "recreation center" envisioned drug deals, ruining the map with ten million roller skate wheels and fifty years of searing summers and frigid winters slowly devouring the pavilion, then Corporation was spot on.

burn......

Thanks for the info. here. I have not looked through these reports in a while. I love them for the wealth of information that they hold. I am only missing number 1. That sucker has eluded me now for about 10 years. 

On 8/19/2019 at 5:55 PM, sunguar said:

As usual for this date, this is a dead link.

Is this item still available?

I don't think the CDs are.    I still have my files from the CDs copied to my hard drive though I seem to have lost the Disc years ago.       Each page was a jpg file, as opposed to the whole issue being a single pdf file.

I sent an email to Bill Young to ask if the CD could be revived. Haven't heard back yet.

On 8/21/2019 at 4:35 PM, waynebretl said:

I sent an email to Bill Young to ask if the CD could be revived. Haven't heard back yet.

If Bill doesn't bring these back for sale I will add them to my site.

3 hours ago, Bill Cotter said:

If Bill doesn't bring these back for sale I will add them to my site.

Let me know when either option is available.

Still no reply.