Sign in to follow this  
j4sing

Poll- SiP June 22

Meeting time for the SiP  

16 members have voted

1. 1. We are meeting at the SouthEast corner of QMA's Parking lot. What time is best?

• 9:00am~ The earliest!
    • 10:00am~ Not too early, not too late
    • 11:00am~ getting late now, we won't see everything without a GAR to take us around
    • High Noon~ Yikes! Better call in the Sikorsky to catch up!

I am trying to determine what is the best time to start the SiP. I'll be there early for a private function, but for the SiP itself we need to fix the time so that it is workable for everybody. Keep in mind that if we choose to start at 10, it merely means that is when the group is going to commence. You can arrive whenever you want, earlier or later!

I want to say 10:30 :rolleyes: ..but really either 10 or 11 is fine. We will be driving in from Connecticut, that will be about an hour trip depending on traffic etc. If we start too late we will miss stuff. And we don't want to rush people, since I think we've determined we will NOT be renting Segways for the event. Everyone moves at different paces.

/Nancy

10:00 is fine for me - will be coming over from the hotel. Actually, I want to go to the pasarelle before that and hold up the transparencies to view what the plaza used to look like - I don't think I could stand the wait of going to the Museum location first - but certainly we can all look at them whenever the group gets there.

Also, if anyone wants to suggest a few more photos of locations identifiable by current landmarks, I'd be happy to print transparencies of those too. Should include some landmark(s) for orientation and some major sights no longer in existence. So, pix showing mainly NYSP, the Port Authority, or the Hall of Science are not what I have in mind, but a view to the Unisphere with flags/flowers/fountains & lots of people, might be worth it.

I want to say 10:30 :rolleyes: ..but really either 10 or 11 is fine. We will be driving in from Connecticut, that will be about an hour trip depending on traffic etc. If we start too late we will miss stuff. And we don't want to rush people, since I think we've determined we will NOT be renting Segways for the event. Everyone moves at different paces.

/Nancy

Sorry, I can't be there this time. Maybe the next time around, we can all tour FMCP on Segways!

Ray D.

post-8-1207576754_thumb.jpg

Sorry, I can't be there this time. Maybe the next time around, we can all tour FMCP on Segways!

Ray D.

Good Morning, Ray! Hope we can at least connect electronically this time...

Good Morning, Ray! Hope we can at least connect electronically this time...

10's good for us, we're schlepping in from Brooklyn, but we're early risers anyway.

I voted for 10:00, but I'd be fine with 9:00 or 11:00 to if it worked better for people. With such a large group I imagine that anyone who shows up late would probably be able to track us down pretty easily (especially if we have some kind of itinerary planned out ahead of time--though I have no idea if this is part of the plan or not).