DeniseFuller

Been A While

Been some time since I've been able to check in on regular basis. I started working at a radio station in Los Angeles doing traffic and news (KNX 1070 AM) and that's been keeping me busy. I'm also editing a new general lifestyle magazine for the Santa Clarita Valley, in Southern California.

The new site design looks wonderful and it seems that our East Coast friends are going to have quite a get-together this summer. Wish I could make it to the East Coast event! Any chance there will be another West Coast get-together one day?

Have we been talking about the "renovation" of the Small World ride at Disneyland? I was just there the other day and had to contemplate just what these changes will do to the ride I've known and loved since 1964.

Denise

Welcome back Denise!

I too hope we west-coasters (not LEFT coasters :) ) can get together this year.

Yes, there has been discussion recently of the proposed Small World ride changes. Look through postings from the last two weeks. I think there were at least two topics devoted specifically to that subject.

Good to see you back Denise. You work in the land of my other obsession Historical Hollywood. It has not been the same in LA since the Brown Derbys hey day. They are opening a Brown Derby in Albany, NY. (link below) Go figure. I will have to give it a try. Good luck in your new job.

www.thehollywoodbrownderby.com

A Brown Derby in Albany! Amazing. I'm guessing the Cobb Salad will be on the menu! Mary Ellen, if your interest is historical Hollywood, I was reading an article recently that may be of interest to you. It was regarding, for lack of a better term, film location archaeology. People are now going to locations of old films and searching for memorabilia or artifacts that may have been left behind. This particular article was about the Pismo Beach film site of the silent film The Ten Commandments. I'll see if I can track it down online.

Denise

TO WEST COAST PTU MEMBERS:

The suggestion of planning a gathering of NYWF stalwarts sounds good to me.

I propose that it be held on JUNE 22 so that we can contact those FMCP folks as they trek through the park via cellphone. Same day... two different coasts!

My summer residence here in PORT HUENEME, CA has all of the amenities that would make a successful meeting here. There's an enlosed family room complete with kitchen and bar, exercise room, billiards and ping pong tables, heated jacuzzi and swimming pool, barbecue facilities, tables with sun umbrellas, free parking and a free tour of my apartment.

Since I was amongst the first of us West Coasters at THE FAIR, it's appropriate that I propose this first joint East and West gathering of NYWF fans. Any number can attend, so bring the whole family. Plan to bring your own picnic basket(s) and beverages.

Every attendee will receive a gift of the latest CD-ROM's, VAULT III......General Motors Futurama.....PLUS the rare recorded voices of the original 50 participants of "Saturday In The Park", JUNE 2, 2001.

Ray Dashner

post-8-1206765883_thumb.jpg

What a great and thoughtful invitation, Ray! There's a possibility our show will be on a brief two to three week hiatus at that point (don't worry-- new episodes will continue to air-- it's just about giving everybody a short respite after the insane hours we've all been working since the strike) and if that's the case, I may be out of town on a much needed break with my family. But if I'm here-- then I'm THERE! So please put me in the "maybe" column and I'll know better either way as June approaches.

Thanks very much for your kind offer of hospitality!

Oh-- and in the meantime, I'll listen for you on KNX, Denise!

Guest Guest_Denisefuller_*

June 22 works for me, as well.

I'm writing this while sitting on our patio at Horizon Hotel in Palm Springs. The husband's birthday weekend. Check out the Web site for the hotel - ultimate Mid-Century Modern. We have a mountain view. Spectacular. They bring a continental breakfast to your room, patio or pool. I'm watching hotel guests wandering around the pool, clad in pajamas, with cups of coffee and bagels in hand.

http://www.thehorizonhotel.com/

Guest Guest_Denisefuller_*

I'm on KNX from 3P-8P Monday through Friday. I use my maiden name on the air, as that was always my broadcast name.

If you decide to do a west coast meet somewhere in the LA area let me know because I would definately be interested in attending. :rolleyes:

If you decide to do a west coast meet somewhere in the LA area let me know because I would definately be interested in attending. :rolleyes:

HI CRAIG,

PORT HUENEME IS JUST A 45 MINUTE RIDE FROM MALIBU/SANTA MONICA LINE ON SCENIC PACIFIC COAST HWY. (CA RTE. #1).

PLEASE BRING THE UNISPHERE WITH YOU.

RAY