Sign in to follow this  
Randy Treadway

MIA

Where's Waldo Ray?

Has anybody heard from PTUer Ray Dashner lately? I know Ray had some health issues a couple of years ago with his heart, and then last year after he had a Segway crash....so I hope he's all right.

Ha! I had no more than posted this, than I went and looked to see who is logged on to PTU at the current time, and lo and behold, there's Ray!

Have no fear, Ray is here.

So tell us Ray, is all okay in the Dashner household? And inquiring minds want to know whether you've got that Segway repaired and back in operation.

Hi everybody....YES, PTU IS WHERE YOU'LL FIND ME.......now that my LOGIN is allowed with this new PTU format.

For two months of hospital and nursing home time, I was isolated fron using my laptop since these facilities have yet to advance to the real world of providing an IP network. I'm currently attending therapy sessions enabling me to walk now using a four footed cane. The repair to my right leg consists of a metal ball assembly that is cemented into the femur. Learning to walk again is a quite an experience. However, I can still use the Segway to get around as long as the total time is less than 20 minutes, otherwise, the leg pain begins to set in.

By June 22, I should be in good shape.

Thanks to all of you for your encouraging messages. They've been much appreciated!

Ray Dashner

Ray-

Glad to hear you're recuperating well. My dad broke his leg last year ,was in nursing/rehab for 2 months and was tortured by his inability to use any of his computers. He was bored and anxious. He counted the ceiling tiles above his bed each day (64 as he reminded me on the phone each time) Those places can be very disheartening for someone who is still young at heart and staying there to just recover from a specific one time event. The nurses often spoke to him slowly and deliberately as if he had Alzheimer’s - obviously on a sort of autopilot they developed for much of the home's population. This just fueled my Dad's frustration as he reminded them it was his leg not his head that was the problem. He didn't make a lot of friends. :blink: But he survived , and so did the staff ! I am glad to see you back at the keyboard. And glad to hear you can still use the Segway..hopefully the pain will dissipate and your Segway usage will increase. Jess ( Bunny) and I will be at the East Coast SIP on the 22nd of June, we hope that there will be some sort of link btwn the coasts.

Continued good health and a speedy recovery-

/Nancy