Sign in to follow this  
DeniseFuller

Monorail Footage

I've seen many, but I don't think I ever saw this one. Thanks for posting it!

One footnote, even though it is labeled 1964, the footage is from the 1965 season. Anyone know why I come to this conclusion?

I've seen many, but I don't think I ever saw this one. Thanks for posting it!

One footnote, even though it is labeled 1964, the footage is from the 1965 season. Anyone know why I come to this conclusion?

J4,

You came to that conclusion because the announcer said:

"The monorail goes through the amusement area which has been enlarged since last year."

WorldsFairEnthusiast

J4,

You came to that conclusion because the announcer said:

"The monorail goes through the amusement area which has been enlarged since last year."

WorldsFairEnthusiast

Actually, I didn't know the announcer said that because I did not have my hearing aids on, thus I didn't hear anything. lol

I came to the conclusion because Continental Circus is gone and there are a load of flat rides in it's place.

I find it interesting though that the announcer used the word "enlarged". I was under the impression that, aside from adding the flat rides to space that was already occupied the year before (circus and Texas) the amusement area was the same size.

Also, the carousel shows the flourescent lights added to thr roof which accompanied a paint job for '65.

Cool footage.