Sign in to follow this  
j4sing

CSI NY Episode Written by Trey

For those who missed it last year, this very cool episode is on again tomorrow:

Wednesday, Feb 20, 10:00pm EST on CBS

OrbitalComplianceTerminal.jpg[/attachment:2vaop3g9]

heyyy,Trey- I never did spot that 1939NYWF reference last time I saw it. Wanna throw me a clue?

"Goin' to catch it this time!"

That is kind of funny considering the episode!

Hi J4, Mike etc..

Glad to hear that one is on again - it was super. Wonderful handling of the idea of that sort of trip with a rather believable method which can't be easy. The reference works for both 39 and 64 if I am not mistaken - maybe you were looking to closely?

Anyone who missed it - watch!

Best,

Eric

PS - Hiya Trey

Hi MB! The thing with the reference is that I'm hearing impaired and use closed captioning. So I am reading the captions

and looking at the picture at the same time. If the reference to the Fair is audio (i.e.music) I am most likely to miss it unless I know what I am looking for.

First of all, THANKS very much for the kind plug, Jason (and you too, MB!). I'm firing my agents and hiring you both tomorrow!

Meanwhile, regarding the cryptic NYWF reference-- the photo you supplied above of a prop from the episode (which now sits in my office) is the best clue I could possibly offer. So just keep your eyes glued to the "Underwood Computer -AKA Orbital Compliance Terminal" when it's being studied in the lab by Adam (A.J. Buckley) and you'll get it. And since it's also voiced in dialogue-- it should be included in closed captioning, as well.

Most of all, I really appreciate you watching. It's been a crazy year-- starting up a new season, then shutting down for the strike, and now gearing back up for a big season finish-- but I'm particularly proud of that episode and sincerely hope you enjoy it!

-Trey

Triple feature! at 10pm folks~

Trey's episode

Lunar Eclipse

Spy Satellite shoot down

Note- If you are in the southern hemisphere, you are out of luck!

How to see the spy satellite, if you're so inclined:

http://www.space.com/spacewatch/080215- ... tting.html

I expect that the Navy's interception point will be 'over the horizon' to North American sky watchers, since they want the debris to fall into the Pacific Ocean, and I also expect that the rocket which will intercept it may be a kinetic collision type of device, so there won't be a fiery explosion or anything like that. To a naked eye watching from a ship at sea, the satellite will simply disappear.

Fine work, Trey. Enjoyed very much!

Call me dense, but I didn't catch a Fair reference. Can anyone help? Brother recorded the episode, so I'll watch it again....

Imagine my shock when I saw the deli sign in a shot: Kraus' Deli ! The only google result I found was a deli in Chicago. Is there really a Kraus' Deli in NY?

No fair reference caught by me either. I did catch someone talking of Queens however.

Maybe they went back in time for a Belgian Waffle?

Enjoyed CSI:NY very much, especially knowing the personal side of someone involved .

Boy, I was hoping the Fair reference was the written and spoken line, "I have seen the future."

Always liked Gary Sinese as an actor. When did he give that up and join the NY Police Dept.?

I'm sorry to say that I was out and missed the beginning of the episode. Then I changed the channel to watch the news about the satellite and the eclipse and missed the end (I'd prefer to see it in its entirety anyway). However I did manage to see the part that has the reference. Since we seem to be not spoiling the surprise here (unless Trey wants to let it be known of course) all I will say is, what a great way for you to honor your love of the 1939-40 NYWF without making the entire episode about it Trey. In fact, while a great tribute to the Fair, it's so subtle that even PTU members who are looking for it aren't picking up on it. That's good writing there.

Whoops, looks like the cat's out of the bag! I didn't see the message above mine until I finished posted mine. I was going to give a hint--namely that one should look at Trey's avatar to help figure out the reference--but thought that would give it away. Oh well.

So that's it!! Very cool!

I love the idea about the pennies with the parking meter! I'm going to have to try that- if I can find some old 1920's pennies!

Heya

Cats out I see. It jumped out at me when I saw it last year! I was looking over EVERYTHING big and small and there it was! Trey's a damn good writer, no>

I was worried my last post was revealing too much as it is his icon - the button. There was an analgous 1964 button or similar, right? He covered both Fairs - brilliant.

Best,

MB

Hey-- thanks a lot for watching my re-run (like competing with a lunar eclipse isn't hard enough?!) and especially for all the kind words, gang. Indeed, it was the I HAVE SEEN THE FUTURE reference to the 39-40 Fair (and nod to my avatar) that I was challenging you to find. And I knew you impressive sticklers for detail would nail it.

Stay tuned... I'm already trying to put the wheels in motion for an episode filmed on location in FMCP next season.

Underground Home here we come!

Awesome Trey!

I enjoyed your episode ALOT! And will look forward to your FMCP episode. If they need help digging to get to the underground home...Just say the word, I'll be there!!

Trey- I was wondering if the soundstage filming for "Time's Up" and other CSI NY episodes are shot in NY or back in California?

I think last year when we were talking about steam coming up out of manhole covers to make it 'look like New York', Trey said that is replicated on a sound stage out here in California.

Thanks, RocketThrower-- keep your shovel handy!

And Randy's memory is keen as ever, Jason.

Roughly ten percent of every season is shot on location in NYC-- generally stuff we could never fake; Times Square, Empire State Building, and a myriad of other iconic locations (although our production design and visual effects teams did do an amazing job of recreating the Statue of Liberty in our first episode of this season!). We also shot on location in Chicago for an episode last year. But the rest of it is either shot in various locations in or near Los Angeles-- or on our soundstages at CBS-Radford (the former Republic Pictures lot) in scenic Studio City. Seinfeld was filmed there, as well as Gilligan's Island. And one of our dedicated stages is the "sacred" ground where both the Mary Tyler Moore Show and Roseanne were shot.

"Time's Up" was filmed entirely here-- though there were moments as we shot certain turn-of-the-century gritty sections of downtown L.A.-- with NY yellow cabs, hot dog carts, NYC buses, and of course, various NYPD vehicles whipping down background extra-crowded streets that I could've sworn myself I was standing in the middle of Manhattan.

Wow! I knew that the interiors were on soundstages, but you really had me fooled with the exteriors- I thought they were location shots in the Big Apple itself! I was always fascinated by the way Hollywood can re-create anything. Amazing!