Sign in to follow this  
JOHNNY AT THE FAIR

BROCHURES OF THE FAIR

thanks for sharing all of these!!! i just got a LARGE pile of brochures for xmas! lots of maps and cool things of that nature! (thanks to the pender collection, my mother tells me).

i wish i had the time and the space to scan all of them to show you!

It looks like the handwritten notations on the first letter were the calculations to come up with the cost quotes which were typed into the second letter. Interesting- a lot of square footage calculations.

What a crackup- they used naugahyde in the pavilion's VIP rooms and the monsignor's office.

It came from rare nauga bears- remember those ads?

The whole legendary story about naugas contributing their hides is here:

http://www.naugahyde.com/history.html

Hey Johnny,

Those Mobil window stickers also came in the Mobil Host Pack Folder with other items. My father had that pack but all that remains in my collection was a checklist of pavilions for the fair visitor to use. My father used the checklist so I know what pavilions we visited that day! He also kept a running tab of the extra costs for the day over the admission price.

For a few years our car had that sticker on the rear right passenger window of our 1959 Rambler Station Wagon (push button transmission!)(like this one [url:5143a]http://amcrc.com/feature/09_2006.html[/url:5143a]). We trimmed off the Mobil part so it was just the Unisphere. That was my seat in the car so I saw it every day. Unfortunately he left a bubble in it too so I remember playing with the bubble hoping it would come out one day. When we got rid of the car (after a bad chocolate brown paint job) the sticker was still on it...

Happy New Year

Mitch