Sign in to follow this  
bagels

whats your favorite 64-65 worlds fair item

My favourite item in my collection from the second fair would probably be my plastic Unisphere.

I'll have to think about this one, but Bill's post on page one about his cherished memories of the Fair being his favorite item makes me realize something. No matter how many things I buy from the Fair, and no matter how many times I visit FMCP, the fact that I never visited the Fair itself (and the fact that I wasn't even born until four years after it ended) means that I will never have any of those memories. Truly priceless! One of my favorite things about PTU is that I can hear so many of the stories and memories of so many people who DID attend and enjoy the Fair firsthand.

My favorit item besides, of course, my memories of the fair is my orange amd blue elephant bank. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a pennant flag of the World's Fair. I remember it having a blue background. I have been searching for one for years. I had one that was lost in a move several years ago. Thanks.

Anthony

Hey SpaceAgeGuy,

Any chance of seeing photos of those model trucks? What exhibit were they from?

Here is one of the two trucks. The other one looks the same but is a little shorter. They were from a GM transportation exhibit and a photo of them can be seen in a guide to the pavilion created for senior staff.

post-782-125337552626_thumb.jpg

Sure is! That's the Bison, the life size of which was outside the pavilion, and discussed and photos posted in another thread. Thanks for the photo.

Boy I'd love to know the chain of custody on that rascal since 1965.

NOW you've got me curious about that "guide to the pavilion for senior staff"! Is a scan or at least a snap of that possible?

Sure is! That's the Bison, the life size of which was outside the pavilion, and discussed and photos posted in another thread. Thanks for the photo.

Boy I'd love to know the chain of custody on that rascal since 1965.

NOW you've got me curious about that "guide to the pavilion for senior staff"! Is a scan or at least a snap of that possible?

I'll try to post it when I get a chance. It was a booklet about 12" x 12" in matt paper, in color, and it had many close-up photos, mostly of the dioramas, that can't be seen anywhere else.

Hello Everybody--- I'm having trouble picking just one, but my two favorites are the Dixie-Cup Dispenser iin box with all the cups and a six small bottle Liqueur set in box from the HGT Pavillion. Ed

Sigh...and I got a rock.

My collection is filled with the easy stuff, the cheaper stuff, the more common things. With just a few harder to find items. I'd love to have any of the things that many of you do.

...but, none the less, I love my things. Even if they are just things. They are evocative of wonderful memories, and a wonderful place. They mean something to me because I've endowed them with my feelings, my reactions, to all that is wonderful about the fair. Transformed by that feeling they gain worth.

My favorite of all my things is probably the least expensive, and one of the most common. A little post card book. Free to me as it was my grandmothers. She, gave it to me. She, loved me. I loved her. She and the fair, there in a broken bit of color. The bits of post cards sit, proudly, on my shelf.

...and I will agree, heartily, that what is worth the most in all is feeling. Feeling something given by those who care, who love, who share. Something given by those on this board.