Sign in to follow this  
Ray in Pasadena

G.E. CAROUSEL OF PROGRESS

It took 43 years for me to discover the person that spoke, "OH! I thought you said I have a new hearing aid".

That was Grandma in the den while listening to a new radio with Grandpa.

This is a trivia quiz. Whose voice was it?

Ray D.

oh goodness! i have absolutely no idea!!! but speaking of the carousel of progress.... i have "Its a great big beautiful tomorrow" currently as my ring tone on my phone! Not many people get it, but i LOVE IT!

Let's see, Grandmas of note in the entertainment business---- Ellen Corby. Marjorie Main.

I've got it- Margaret Dumont. And of course Grandpa would have to be Groucho Marx.

Did I say the secret woid? What do I win?

If Randy doesn't know, then nobody does! I'm flipping over all of the cards now. Grandma was played by Janet Waldo who was the star of "MEET CORLISS ARCHER" on radio during the fifties. Last week, I was a guest at the 75th Anniversary luncheon celebrating 75 years of the "Jack Benny Program" on radio & TV. A cast of twelve portrayed a typical Jack Benny radio broadcast and Janet was among the cast as well as Beatrice Arthur of "MAUDE" fame. Janet is probably in her eighties and still working!

Ray Dashner

Ray that must have been fantastic! Bea Arthur! I can just "hear" her voice!

oh goodness! ...speaking of the carousel of progress.... i have "Its a great big beautiful tomorrow" currently as my ring tone on my phone! Not many people get it, but i LOVE IT!

Hey, so do I! Did you program it yourself like I did, or can you find it somewhere?