Sign in to follow this  
magikbilly

Message from Magikbilly

Hello All,

I managed to damage a nerve in my right arm above the elbow and am temporarily paralyzed from there down. I will not be posting much at least until I get some feeling and use back. I hope this will all blow over quickly.

Best,

Eric

Hang in there Eric- here's to a speedy recovery! JS

Hope you feel better soon Eric ! Save your energy so you heal before Thanksgiving, you'll want to be able to eat with gusto! I know you'll still be "lurking" on the board. Take it easy and get well SOON !!

/Nancy

Eric,

May your injuries heal quickly and completely!

Hang in there.

Mitch

I, too, wish you a very sppedy recovery. I will look forward to your next posting.

Jim

Get well soon.This board will have a big hole in it without your posts-Jerry

Dear One and All,

thanks for the good wishes! I am quite depressed with all this so they are much appreciated. My little PTU family. Wally asked "how?" - Well, I did two months yard work in 2 1/2 hours, cut 90 ft of forsythia, 6 hedges (one spiral) and such with a machine that clearly vibrates to much for me now. The next day I repaired my front stoop with hammer and nails. I gave a walk in the park...The next day I took a long nap in what was found to be the very wrong position - voila - paralyzed from pressure on the radial nerve or some such..radial palsy. At first I thought I must have had a stroke. When I know more than (essentially) "it takes a while" I'll let you know. I have been masa..massa . uh..rubbing it like crazy as I read that can help. It can't hurt (because I can barely feel anything!).

Affectionately,

Eric

Thats basically what happened to me Eric. I just checked, I have all my feeling in my arm back. So just don't worry. I will guarantee you, you'll be alright sometime in the future. The main thing now, give it total rest and in the future don't try to do everything in a single day. I learned the hard way. Now I do a few hours of that stress on my arm work and make sure I give my arm, a day off the next day. I have not had anymore problems since I realized my body is not twenty years old anymore. When I slept I used to put my arm on its own pillow to relieve some stress. That used to help me a little. Good luck.

Eric, I'd like to add my wishes for a speedy recovery to everyone else's. That has to be a very scary thing to wake up and not have feeling in your arm! Here's hoping that everything corrects itself quickly. Until then...REST!

"Thats basically what happened to me Eric. I just checked, I have all my feeling in my arm back. So just don't worry. I will guarantee you, you'll be alright sometime in the future. The main thing now, give it total rest and in the future don't try to do everything in a single day. I learned the hard way. Now I do a few hours of that stress on my arm work and make sure I give my arm, a day off the next day. I have not had anymore problems since I realized my body is not twenty years old anymore. When I slept I used to put my arm on its own pillow to relieve some stress. That used to help me a little. Good luck."

Hi Wally,

how long did it take? I am getting quite scared - right now it feels like it will be months. I was checked out but I am a painter and this is getting the best of me. To add to the fun the bursitits in my left arm is now screaming from the extra load. I really apprciate your words - thank you. And everyone else. I can't do a thing. I can't even browse my collections to pass time as I am dropping everything. My arm is in a sling with a brace for the "wrist drop" - feeling is coming SLOW and I mean slow, but mobility is same or worse (perhaps from not being used and the brace). Thanks again Wally for taking the time to offer some advice.

Best,

Eric

Add my prayers, wishes and get well soon to everyone else's.

Indeed it was a long time for me. The pain was intense for weeks. Then I got to use it again. If I over did it the pain would return. So you have no choice but to just rest it. It will just relapse if you strain the arm. Then my arm was numb, not trying to depress you, but for years. Then the nerves seemed to have grown back or whatever the process is. I did this twice and I am totally alright, 100% now and I know you will be. Hey you just might wake-up tomorrow and the thing will feel O.K. or it might play out like what happened to me. But either way in the long run you will be 100% Eric. Sometimes these situations happen for a reason. In the meantime you may want to be more like a foreman. Hire some help and over see the project because it sounds like you can't do the work yourself at the moment. Yeah I know that's scary. But I know your one intelligent guy and you'll work around your limited physical capabilities. And you might just say Man if that didn't happen I would never discover this. Good Luck my friend you have what it takes...

Sheesh = go away from the forum for a few days and stuff happens! Sorry that it happened to you, MB - best wishes and prayers heading your way.

Hi All,

an update - no change in mobility. However, some small feeling has returned. I am looking further into massage therapy. As some may recall, I am a painter of miniature portaits and landscapes and such so this is depressing the $#@@^$&%! out of me. Wil keep you posted. If only I could move the darn thing a little.

MB