Sign in to follow this  
j4sing

THEN AND NOW~~~FLUSHING MEADOW

[...Another good reason to quote]

What i plan on doing this weekend is going to the park, and taking some old photos taken during the fair with me. Trying to replicate the EXACT same position where the photo was taken and then with my graphic skills, to morph the "now & then" image together (or at least a side by side comparison). I managed to find some ground shots with curbing, asphalt, walk ways, and trees to help me. Hope fully ill be able to find a few correct angles! (a smany as i can). if ANYONE has a good photo taken while the fair was happening (the higher the resolution the better) that has a good shot at me replicating it and wants to get it to me before Sunday, i d love to attempt it. Look for items in the photo that id be able to find/position myself with obviously. Then I'll post them here!

Ed

If you are up in the Kodak/Pepsi area, there is a shot..but I have only found a low res version here. This is the angle..kod38.jpg[/attachment:8577f]

Maybe Bill or Randy has a higher res version of a similar shot.

Another point of interest is the pipe where the Flushing River re-emerges from underground, (Julimar Farms pavilion) You might find a hidden Mickey at the Pepsi site.

If you are up in the Kodak/Pepsi area, there is a shot..but I have only found a low res version here. This is the angle..kod38.jpg[/attachment:9de54]

Maybe Bill or Randy has a higher res version of a similar shot.

Another point of interest is the pipe where the Flushing River re-emerges from underground, (Julimar Farms pavilion) You might find a hidden Mickey at the Pepsi site.

That one looks easy! (though not exactly ground level, but close) I'll get it...thanks!.

Ed

hidden Mickey? what did i miss??? HAHA

They took that photo of the Eastman Kodak Pavilion from the exit ramp off the southbound Van Wyck Expressway to the Westbound Long Island Expressway. You can walk up the ramp the other way against the flow of traffic and snap your shot.

I'm trying to restore my pics that got cut off when I moved my photobucket album. I hope these are the right ones!

a1.jpg

a1a55.jpg

a1a4564.jpg

a1a7564.jpg

a1asw64.jpg