Sign in to follow this  
magikbilly

The Most Overpriced Item I Have Ever Seen

Hi All

This is uh...well, have a look. $700 to $1050 estimate. I am sure you've all seen this item before...many times.

It is worth about $25.

[url:6f5ac]http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180157755099&sspagename=ADME:X:AAQ:US:11[/url:6f5ac]

Seller knows the actual value because I wrote and told them - they are apparently oblivious to the fact that there are several, even with the same cover (there are a few varieties) on eBay right now starting as low as $9.99 and with the mailer.....

MB

On top of the high priced minimum, there is also a 22.5% buyers premium! I'll bet this was snapped up in a flash--NOT!

WOW! I remember seeing one of these at an antique store years ago with a $50.00 price tag on it. I thought THAT was crazy! To some extent I can understand that someone might not really know the facts and mis-represent something by accident, but after Magikbilly gave them the facts they STILL tried to pull it off without adjusting anything. What a fraud! And I couldn't believe the buyer's premium either. I had to look at it twice to be sure I read it correctly. Does anyone else get the sneaking suspicion that someone is being less than ethical here?

A willing seller fishing for a willing buyer at a ridiculous price? I don't see that as unethical.

If I pay too much for a car or a house or a meal, is that anybody's fault but my own?

Misrepresenting the item... DEFINITELY unethical.

Hey, caveat emptor, ya know?

Crazy! Some people are just clueless but its probably human nature to think you have gold when its really made of brass!

The QMA gift shop has three items I've seen that is very FAIRly priced. Envelope of pro slides for $5 ea like pictured below, $1.50 for a “Special Event” ticket, and a cracker tray in the box for $10.00 (bad picture below).

Wow, as a person very interested in the Pan American Exposition, that astounds me. Now way that is a reasonable price.

I just don't know what gets into people's heads, honestly. Magicbilly, you will LOVE this one: Ebay auction 220123262472

This poor fool probably thinks she is going to retire on this item. I almost wrote her to ask what the hell is wrong with her, but I changed my mind and figured what good would it do!