Sign in to follow this  
Randy Treadway

Weather Check

At 3:30pm, it's 106 on my backporch, in the shade.

It's usually about 10 degrees hotter at Bill Cotter's house. How 'bout it Bill? Suffering a meltdown yet?

But I think Bill probably has me beat in at least one category----- it's 91 inside my house, in the family room.

How about the rest of you guys? Time for a PTU weather survey. What's today's World's Fair weather?

The weather has cooled down to the upper 90's during the day, but the high humidity makes it disgusting. By the beaches you get a breeze, but in Orlando area, the air does not move. Ahh the gulf of mexico..for a cool refreshing swim...only the water is 85 degrees, like taking a warm bath...with a lot of stingrays whooshing around your feet. How about the Atlantic? The water is cooler?Sure! Spend the day fighting for your life against rip tides, while nurturing microscopic sea louse thay burrow under your skin and lay eggs. So how about just a swim in the pool? Ok, the water is 90 degrees, and the longer you stay in the pool, the larger the cloud of insects waiting to attack you when you get out. I prefer to sleep in the air conditioning during the day, and emerge at night....sound familiar? lol

It hit about 111 today, Randy. Happily I do have air conditioning, so the inside is bearable. The A/C did spring a lead this week and did some water damage, but I made repairing it my #1 priority for sure!

I understand it's supposed to be just as hot through Tuesday.

I almost feel guilty for saying this, but it's currently 82 and sunny here in PDX (with only 33% humidity).

We went to the Oregon Coast earlier this week as well, where it was a pleasant 73:

HaystackRock.jpg[/attachment:a9bd7]

But we don't do a lot of swimming in the ocean here, due to the danger of "shrinkage"

If it's any consolation, it's supposed to rain here on Labor Day...

Best Regards,

Kevin

I almost feel guilty for saying this, but it's currently 82 and sunny here in PDX (with only 33% humidity).

We went to the Oregon Coast earlier this week as well, where it was a pleasant 73:

HaystackRock.jpg[/attachment:ecdb7]

(But we don't do a lot of swimming in the ocean here, due to the danger of "shrinkage" )

If it's any consolation, it's supposed to rain here on Labor Day...

Best Regards,

Kevin

It's Haystack Rock! I camped near there once when I lived in PDX. I sure do miss the summer weather up there! Great picture!

It was only about 80 degrees in Queens N.Y.Home of the fabulious New York Worlds Fair=Jerry

Went out to dinner early this evening and it was too cold to have the top down on the ol' Sebring.

Parked at Manchester, NH airport (MHT) to watch jets land and soak in the incredible sunset.

We got out to watch a couple planes pass over us and we were freezing 'cause there was a brisk, north wind, too!

Thursday it was 96 here. Gotta love New England!

It's now 9:45pm.

The outdoor temperature has dropped to 80.

The indoor temperature has dropped to 90 (after peaking at 93).

By dawn it'll even out. Then as the outdoor temp climbs again like a skyrocket, it'll climb slower indoors, trailing by about 10 degrees, until late afternoon when it starts to cool off outdoors again. But it's very hard to get it to cool indoors. We've got all the windows open and four fans blowing.

Send us a nice cooling rain down from Portland Kevin! Either that or the Lemon Ice King of Corona.

It is a brisk 53°F at the moment here in NE Ohio. High today is forecasted to be a mild 79°by 4pm or so. Football weather for sure in Ohio. I wonder how a BelGem waffle would go over as a football game concession?

This time yesterday it was 106 here. Today's it's only 104. We've having a cold wave!

Even my sweat droplets have sweat droplets on them.

111 again. Walking outside is just like stepping into an oven. I am really looking forward to the end of this heat wave. I hate to imagine what my electric bill is going to be.

Temperature hit 92 in Newport Beach today.......Most houses here don't have AC, as there's only about 10 days a year that you'd need it.....The past 3 days definately qualify.......10:00 pm, finally getting a sligh ocean breeze, very slight breeze.....

Today it topped out at 108 at my house. Hottest day of the year.

Just think, if you retire to Arizona you can expect days like this as the rule rather the exception. Not for me! I've more English ancestors than anything else- some German too- but I feel like I must have Scandinavian blood in me. I'd like to live on a fjord. Not in the fjord- next to it would be just fine.

I'll guarantee you when I get back to work tomorrow there will be people who will comment on 'what a beautiful weekend' it was. They're absolutely bonkers in my book.

Hate to rub it in, Randy, but it WAS a beautiful weekend here in the Catskills. All 3 days - sunny, dry, light breeze, highs in the upper 70s or low 80s, lower 60s/upper 50s at night. Bill Cotter knows about how nice it is up here when the weather cooperates. But, not to worry, I HATE snow and winter, and boy will I be grousing about that in a few months! (But not tonight!) BTW, the skylight project is in gear, awaiting workmen, this week or next - or so they tell me! (Last winter they told me June 2007, at the latest!)

It was just as hot here today as the past few days if not hotter. We tried driving over to the beach to cool off, but there was a massice traffic jam, evidently due to an accident given the number of emergency vehicles that headed that was once we finally gave up and headed home. Then it was back inside the haven of the air conditioning. I believe it's supposed to also stay hot tomorrow (sigh).

I have looked at your weather reports, Gary, and was surprised how mild it is. I hope the fall foliage season is a good one for you - and a mild winter after that!

At one point today while standing on someone's patio during a Labor Day party, my wife turned to me and said, "You seem kinda quiet... are you okay?" I slowly turned, sweat trickling down my brow, shirt pasted to my back, and very softly replied: "I'm afraid if I talk, I'll spontaneously combust."

22421189.jpg

Oy, do I hate to rub it in, but it was lovely here!