Sign in to follow this  
Curtis Cates

I just report the news, I don't make it up!

Wow. I'd ask "How did they get away with that?" but any sensible reply would only illuminate a higher degree of neglect than we already believed possible. Climbing and swinging on the Unisphere, even. Unbelievable.

I will say, this photo of Tod Seelie's is my new favorite, though.

mg0407cr1.jpg

It looks like the access to the VIP level must be pretty easy, based on how many people are in two of those photos. Sure sad to what the rooms look like, though. The city has a world class trash heap for sure.

i commented on the guy's blog telling him about our site and inviting him to come and share his story... lets hope he does! i want to know more!

(also, if you read his entry, and click on the links within the text (i believe they are Drums, sound equipment, and another word), you'll be taken to another photo gallery of more pictures from inside the NYSP. its creepy but awesome!!

The photos and story are awesome. When I was allowed entry into the pavilion in 2001 we went to that room with the drum kit. A couple of people were hanging out in there but it has accumulated more of a mess in the past several years. The crew from the theater used the room as a hang out, obviously still do...

The interior photos tells of many stories.

This shot,

is of the dressing room area (as you go into the main entrance to the left, behind the cinder block walls with entry way doors)complete with bathroom stall. It was used during the fair for that purpose. The desk belongs to my friend Dave who ran a skate "pro shop" during the Roller Round days. Here is another photo of the door going into it:

Another shot,

is of the "lounge" area--the entry way having then, glass doors. The colored retangular "boxes" painted on the wall was done by me in 1972.

This photo

was taken over the area that is mostly used by QTIP as a workshop. I recognize the air handlers.

Besides park's not maintaing the building, it appears without a doubt, QTIP needs some help in house cleaning.

Oops, no direct links authorized. Sorry!