Sign in to follow this  
Irv Gleaner

I Want to Rebuild a Pavilion!

Don't forget the 2 million in bribes it would take to get the Parks Commission to agree to let you rebuild it in FMCP.

By the way, did you hear about the guy in the L.A. area who was shimmying up the palm trees in front of City Hall?

Turns out he was a recent immigrant who wanted to open a donut shop but couldn't get a business permit out of City Hall, and somebody told him that he needed to 'grease their palms'. So there he went with a bucket of grease.

Urban legend, no doubt.

For us to honor GM in such a way, it seems only fitting that they impose a $1 surcharge on each car sold to help in reconstruction.

After all, they would be helping their own image.

For us to honor GM in such a way, it seems only fitting that they impose a $1 surcharge on each car sold to help in reconstruction.

After all, they would be helping their own image.

Sounds like a good idea to me! (I wasn't planning to buy a GM vehicle any time soon )

Irv,

I couldn't agree more with you on the point we should do something great again. I've always felt and expressed that after 9-11, Bloomberg should have begun a push for a NY WF as a way of boosting everyone's moral and restoring the city's and the country's sense of pride and purpose.

Unfortunately, the elites who run this city do not agree with this and there will not be another WF here for many, many years to come (if ever).

It's a sad culture indeed that loses it's ability to dream of tomorrow.

Don