We've seen pictures of the luminaires at the Fair, and after the Fair. Here's the first shot I've seen of them before the Fair:

elec-wholesale-4-64-1.jpg

elec-wholesale-4-64-2.jpg

elec-wholesale-4-64-3.jpg

Electrical Wholesaling

April 1964

I wonder if the caption on the photograph should read "seals" rather than "seats." In any event, that is a very interesting

photograph and, once again, I am impressed at how large those lighting fixtures really were.

I wonder if the caption on the photograph should read "seals" rather than "seats." In any event, that is a very interesting

photograph and, once again, I am impressed at how large those lighting fixtures really were.

I think the term is "seats" rather than seals. We often use the term in our business when we are installing an item in the proper position, We "seat" the pipe into the socket, or "seat" the valve stem into a raceway. A common expression in assembly and fabrication procedures.

I wish I could have one of them lights.......They had them at the OKC fair grounds...But I think they are gone now cause they remodel the fair grounds.....And something like this is dated and old to the younger generation living now....

I must have missed this article six years ago too, like Mike. :)

I suspected they were assembled into desired configuration at the maintenance buildings near the Post Office, and sent back there when repairs were needed. (the same place they did trash can repair and maintenance).

That photo gives you an idea of just how awesome a WF luminaire would look in your living room or finished basement. You wife would love it! ^_^

They are huge.

Randy Lambertus (our AMF Monorail guy) took a monumental road trip and bought a couple WF lamps at auction at the OK Fairgrounds a few years ago. I don't think he ever showed us the final outcome of his efforts though.