Sign in to follow this  
Cecilia

Tickets

A friend's parents still have two UNUSED (omg, why?) tickets for the 1964/5 WsF. I know they'd be worth something, but how much?

Cecilia

Judging from what I see on E-bay they are pretty common. In mint condition I would think maybe $10.

Most of the time these tickets are offered with other items. I presume that by combining items the seller is hoping for a higher overall profit. I often see these tickets with fair guide books.

Chairman is right.

It's a wonderful collectible, though. Holding one can't help but make you feel the anticipation of the fair, and all that might await you.

It's true (if surprising) Cecilia that tickets from the Fair seem to be pretty plentiful and not "worth" a whole bunch. What I think makes certain items special is when they have a personal connection that you can attribute to them. The fact that these tickets belong to your friend's parents makes them that much more special because you know their history. It's a heck of a lot neater than just winning an auction on Ebay and getting a ticket for 99 cents (and $5.00 shipping ), wouldn't you say?

My wife's grandmother is aware of my interest in the Fairs. She went to the 1964-65 Fair with her husband and two children (one of whom is my wife's mother). Recently she gave me the scrapbook from their visit. It is a very complete collection of "stuff" that one would pick up during a visit to the Fair. I don't think there's anything too rare in it, but I think it's priceless because I know who owned it before me!

I guess that means that I got a good deal on the mint 4 adult and one child's tickets that I just won on e-Bay for $10.50. Yay me!