Sign in to follow this  
Cecilia

New pictures I found

Wow. Thanks for sharing the link, Cecilia. Some of the better map shots I've seen in recent memory.

I'm sure many of us share your p---ed off feelings about it, though.

Maybe I'm missing something U Penn has done and someone can point it out but does this map looked conserved to anyone ? Does conserve mean pick up a couple pieces of rubble and put them in a box ?

The skystreak is about to fall apart and come down, the center tension ring is corroded almost completely through, QTIP gets expanded, and expanded and who would like to tell me that parks doesn't know what to do with the NYSP (wow what alot of great parking ! and space for a concession stand with a commemorative plaque to the 1963 WF like the acquacade plaque) and have no money (hey, Estelle we need another 20 million bucks for new dressing rooms... yeah OK!) but they'd REALLY REALLY like to do something to save it but 42 years isn't enough time to think of something. (Estelle: Oh I wish these damned 62 NY WF fans from Alaska, Micronesia or wherever would leave us alone so we can get rid of that stupid WF junk!).

That skystreak might fall and endanger a racoon....

Yes, I think I'm really p***** now too.

I love it...Everytime I come down from New England for a visit, THat NYSP is locked tight.....Someone just happens to pass by and what do you know, It's open..Haha

Good Pictures..At least we get to see some new areas such as that messy back room..What is that

While checking out a photography site, I found these pictures:

<a href="http://www.uer.ca/forum_showthread.asp?fid=1&threadid=39698" target="_blank">http://www.uer.ca/forum_showthread.asp?fid...;threadid=39698</a>

I am so P-ed off looking at these.

I’ve found it unlocked 3 or 4 times. Got kicked out once but the other times I explored it at my free will. Not a soul around.

post-4-125060395921_thumb.jpg post-4303-125061288061_thumb.png

Not my pics, they're from the site Cecilia found. I posted them so they’d be part of our collective.

The first one really took my breath away, which granted isn’t that hard to do since I’m asthmatic but still very stunning.

The second, a tragic reminder of the current state of NYSP.

I love it...Everytime I come down from New England for a visit, THat NYSP is locked tight.....Someone just happens to pass by and what do you know, It's open..Haha

Seriously. I drove from Chicago to NY pretty much specifically to see the building and got locked out (and I know other people have gone even farther to get the same result), and these "urban explorer" types just breeze on in... makes me seethe with jealousy. At least they take some good pictures!

Has the elevator always (and by always I mean "for more than a few months") looked that much like a rotten orange, though? (see pic #5) I seem to recall it looking slightly more intact than that when I was there!

The skystreak has been steadily decaying since it was locked up there in 1970. That picture shows it to be more ravaged by time than is visible from ground level now.

The rooms in the back of the NYSP was once where the rental roller skates were stored when it was a roller rink.

In 1983 the skates were still there and I got a pair and the parkies never caught me ! HA HA !

I can reveal this now that the statute of limitations for petty larceny has expired.

DC

More sad and frightened than P'd off here.

Great photos, though. It's nice to see "up close" the elevator and walls. I hadn't seen a "contemporary" photo of either at that distance before.

A big part of my heart just sinks when I see this building, now.

Thank you for the link.