Sign in to follow this  
Curtis Cates

Mary Blair

We know this is a stab in the dark, but is there any chance of finding something that Mary Blair did at a reasonable price? Stop laughing. A friend is desperate!

Thanks!

Curtis and Terri

The art work for the release of the 2 DVD set is being done now. Honest. We're really close. Thanks for you patience, help and thoughts on Mary Blair.

Original stuff will be hard to find indeed. Disney does have some repro stuff out from Small World if that helps.

Tell us more about the DVDs!!! Any date we can mark on our calendars yet????

Here's a postcard: Ebay# 170075527777

Great to hear the release is nigh!!

Although this postcard is a Disneyland reprint, there was a set of Mary Blair Small World greeting cards sold at the Pepsi-Cola Pavilion to benefit Unicef. They are VERY rare.

I have ONE card from the box. Last week an entire original box was on eBay, but my meager bid got blown away.

I also have two Small World quilts that I believe are from the World's Fair. One has a blue border, and one has a pink border. The design is basically identical to the Mary Blair "map" of the boat ride that is found in the middle of the official Pepsi Pavilion guide book.

If you're looking for original Mary Blair artwork though- I'll bet the Disney company owns most of it.

Here is some information on prints being sold by her family-

<a href="http://www.designtaxi.com/news.jsp?id=122&monthview=1&month=12&year=2003" target="_blank">http://www.designtaxi.com/news.jsp?id=122&...2&year=2003</a>

Thanks one million times you guys. This is very helpful and I'll pass the info along.

Here is where we stand on the dvd's;

It's going to be a 2 DVD set. The second DVD will contain some amazing stuff that we just didn't have any place for in the film( (The Cutting Room Floor), extended interview sections with people like the Shermans, Hench and Sklar (from Disney), Some sections of interviews that were left out, sections of interviews we didn't have time or place for, Terri and I being interviewed about making the film.....and a bunch of other goodies that I'm sure I'm forgetting here. Suggestions if you'd like - we'd love to hear what you think as we put the second DVD together - now is the time - but promise us no hurt feelings - there is only so much time we have for the 2nd DVD. We'd love to put some photos on DVD one - thoughts?

All the paperwork and contracts have been signed except for on little one that should clear this week. DISNEY IS DONE thanks to a lot of really really nice folks at Disney.

The art work is being worked on now.

Then off to the duplicators.

We are looking at about one more month.

You guys are the best!

Curtis and Terri