Sign in to follow this  
RocketThrower

World's Fairs Of The 80's

Not sure of this book was ever dicussed here before, But I have come across it today for the very 1st time.

In this book are photographs from four world's fairs: the World's Fair in Knoxville, Tennessee ('82); the World's Fair in New Orleans, Louisiana ('84); the Expo '85 in Tsukuba, Japan ('85); and the Expo '86 in Vancouver, Canada ('86).

Book: World's Fairs Of The Eighties

0961775602.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1056510242_.jpg

The asking price is $25. Are any of you familiar with it? Is it worth the price? And how are the images within it?

Thanks for any info.

Not sure of this book was ever dicussed here before, But I have come across it today for the very 1st time.

In this book are photographs from four world's fairs: the World's Fair in Knoxville, Tennessee ('82); the World's Fair in New Orleans, Louisiana ('84); the Expo '85 in Tsukuba, Japan ('85); and the Expo '86 in Vancouver, Canada ('86).

The asking price is $25. Are any of you familiar with it? Is it worth the price? And how are the images within it?

Thanks for any info.

Never mind. Forum administrator, delete this thread.

Thanks for any info.

I actually have a copy of this book. It has some nice photos, very little in the way of reading. Most of the photos are of people, or what I like to call "artistic" shots (close-ups, building details, etc). There are many shots looking up at things such as the frame work of the Sunsphere in Knoxville or the roof top of the Canada Pavilion in Vancouver, or looking down onto people inside of different exhibits. All shots are in black & white. $14 is a pretty good deal, $25 makes the decison a little more tough.

David