Chmnofbrd

Chairman's Holiday Christmas Pictures

223 posts in this topic

I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot balloon.

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->Ok, jess( specialbunny) may scream..but here for your enjoyment is another 60's christmas..and one of these fine strapping boys is bunny's dad!! he's the flashy one on the right, yet practical with his slippers on ..

and to be fair, i'll post a pic of me, we didn't have christmas in my house when i was young, but this is also from the early 60's..i'm a christmasaholic now, hahahaha

post-3873-124716866552_thumb.jpg

-nancy <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Nancy

You were a BEAUTY

<a href="http://www.southflorida.com/events/sfl-scaredsanta,0,2245506.photogallery?index=1" target="_blank">http://www.southflorida.com/events/sfl-sca...gallery?index=1</a>

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->this was sent to me by my other darling daughter( bunny's twin)..put me into fits of giggles at my desk..look thru all of the pics..

too too funny

nancy<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Nancy

You were a BEAUTY

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->thanks ( ignoring the "were" ..lol..we middle aged women always appreciate compliments!)

Somewhere between funny and abusive, Nancy! I'm not sure I'd wanna sit in any of these guys laps.

index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=3633

post-3873-124716872824_thumb.jpg

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->thanks ( ignoring the "were" ..lol..we middle aged women always appreciate compliments!)

LOL I have not seen a recent picture but if you were that beautiful then I'm sure you still are now and besides where would Jess have gotten her looks from ?

That is a beautiful shot, Nancy.

What a treasure to have.

Here's the Paddon family Christmas in Manhasset, NY (not far from the Fair site) in 1961. My father's in the foreground, my mother (who thank God continues to recover from her surgery of a month ago) in the red, my father's brother and sister and my two grandmothers.

My father was unable to recall who got the cast album of "How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying".

Ok here is my first Christmas with my mom. The fathers are always the ones taking the pictures and hardly in any shots.

m16.jpg

My first Christmas. It was half a century ago, so they gave me a horse and wagon.

Marvin_and_Christmas_tree.jpg

December 1956- that's my granddad.

new_rocking_horse-_Randy.jpg

December 1956

new_wagon-_Randy_in_his_wagon.jpg

December 1956

This was at the family farm in Florida, so no snow or "chestnuts roasting on an open fire".

aww! such cute photos randy!

i don't have a picture of my first christmas on my computer.. but i am sure my mom has one of those somewhere haha

Ok here is my first Christmas with my mom.

m16.jpg

Holding your favorite toy at arms length to torture you? Great training for a future Chairman of the Board!

Wow, Randy... that shot of your granddad looks like a lost Norman Rockwell painting. Great stuff, everybody.

I was thinking the same thing Randy, did you bump up the color?

i don't have a picture of my first christmas on my computer.. but i am sure my mom has one of those somewhere haha

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->YEP!!!

post-3769-124719975077_thumb.jpg

well that was your first christmas eve, your grandfather borrowed the santa suit from a friend of his..obviously this photo is not eligible for that scared of santa website..mell is on the left in pic and jess (specialbunny) is on the right... lots of little legs with white tights there..and grandpa was wearing white gloves too..don't know why he has the moustache part on wrong..i think it was so the older kids wouldn't recognize him..

i am so tired and i can't find the one pic of your first christmas morning that i was really looking for..but i think this should fit the bill..

(don't kill me jess..remember i ordered you the calendar!!)

nancy ( mom)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

I was thinking the same thing Randy, did you bump up the color?

What, MEEEE?????!!!

That depends on how you define "bump".

Original Ektachrome slide, as it exists today

Marvin_and_Christmas_tree-a.jpg

After restoring the raw scan, using Kodak's ROC Pro software- default settings-, I may have done some shadow reduction using Kodak's SHO software. It was about a year ago that I restored it, so I'm not positive. Then some green reduction using Corel PSP Photo XI after masking out the Christmas tree & gift-wrapped presents (I didn't want to cut back on the green in those). I guess that's a bump down instead of a bump up. Until the last few years, we'd have assumed that the degradation in old slides like these meant they were hopeless "goners". Another 10 or 20 years of more deterioration before being digitized and restored, and they might have been unrestorable, even WITH today's digital software.

Marvin_and_Christmas_tree-b.jpg

For whatever it's worth, my dad also shot a second one- almost identical, but grandpa is laughing. That's a cigar he's holding, by the way. Smoked 'em all the time. Hav-a-Tampa was his favorite brand. Neither of these pictures are in very good focus, but maybe that's a result of poor lighting conditions (trying to shoot indoors without a flash), combined with the mid-50's film that was available at the time.

Marvin_and_Christmas_tree-c.jpg

My dad shot these with an Argus 35mm camera that he bought in about 1954. If you look on the couch, you'll see that he still had the box it came in. And a huge looking flash reflector. But with the latter sitting on the couch (visible in the first picture), I guess maybe he shot these without a flash, using whatever ambient light was there. The f-stops? You've gotta be kidding! I was only 10 months old; I'm lucky to remember all this stuff!

My dad's camera was probably a model C-4, like this one. He used it all the way until 1971 when he got a Japanese Yashica, and I seem to remember his old camera looking a lot like this one. This is the same camera he forgot to put film in, the day in 1964 when we went to the World's Fair. Oops!

arggei1.jpg

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->YEP!!!

post-3769-124719975077_thumb.jpg

(don't kill me jess..remember i ordered you the calendar!!)

nancy ( mom)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

haha i look so out of it in that photo!

...just got a confirmation that my dad's camera was a model C-4, and when he attached that big flash attachment it looked like this:

55variants.jpg

Love those prices!

Well whatever you did to that pic, Randy-- it's beautiful. Just a perfect snapshot of the period which you've wonderfully restored.

Here’s my hysterical child visits Santa pic.

First Xmas 1971 I’m a contented little butterball.

Second Xmas 1972 not so contented.

post-1280-124724701599_thumb.jpg

The Santa in the 1971 pic looks like he has a few in him