Sign in to follow this  
Ray in Pasadena

GO BACK TO THE SIXTIES IN ONE EASY CLICK

To pick up the memorable names idea from another topic, don't forget J. Fred Muggs!

For the youngsters here on PTU, J.Fred Muggs was the pet Chimpanzee adopted by Dave Garroway that performed some pretty wild antics before the "Today Show" cameras.

Ray Dashner, (old enough to remember the Chicago based "Super Circus" with Claude Kirschner).

Does anyone remember the Sealtest Circus? It was on every Saturday at noon when I was a kid. Only saw it during the winter months, the playground at the end of our block held far too much interest for me in the summer.

Ray, I just checked back to see if your link that started this topic works now (it does).

I give it five thumbs up on the thumb scale.

LOVE that old Percy Faith "Theme from Summer Place." Man, if that doesn't put you right back at the grocery store counter begging your mom for a pack of Juicy Fruit-- nothing will.

Claude was the host of Terrytoons Circus on WOR Channel 9 in NY when I was growing up, right before Million Dollar Movie.

Oh..man..I had forgotten all about that

He would end each show by saying "Now it's time for all good little boys and girls to go to bed." My brother Jim and I realized that as soon as my parents, who were usually in the next room while we were watching cartoons, heard that phrase, or the theme song to "Million Dollar Movie" (the theme from "Gone With the Wind") they would send us off to bed, Well, enterprising youngsters that we were, we eventually realized that if we turned down the TV sound we could stay up and watch at least part of the movie. We saved that trick for important films, usually involving Abbot & Costello or some other comedies.

Take a field trip back to the sixties!

Ray Dashner

<a href="http://oldfortyfives.com/TakeMeBackToTheSixties.htm" target="_blank">http://oldfortyfives.com/TakeMeBackToTheSixties.htm</a>

Looking at the other links on that site, you would think the right wing looney who put it together would've found the 60's a bit too radical and made it a Take Me Back To The Fifties site. lol

For the youngsters here on PTU, J.Fred Muggs was the pet Chimpanzee adopted by Dave Garroway that performed some pretty wild antics before the "Today Show" cameras.

Ray Dashner, (old enough to remember the Chicago based "Super Circus" with Claude Kirschner).

The circus for the kids and Mary Hartline for Dad....