Sign in to follow this  
Chmnofbrd

Chairman's Humor Photo of the Day 7/25/2006 Pajama Parties

Heck no- today the girls are probably all frenetically IM'ing, cell-texting and myspace blogging with the group of boys with which they are most interested.

When my son was this age (four or five years ago) all his friends would come over, bring their video game machines, network them together through a hub, and have a tournament. Friends who couldn't come over could still join the tournament through an internet connection. And the parents were expected to provide the pizza but otherwise don't interrupt the tournament (and don't say anything dumb that would embarass the host kid).

Even that kind of 'party' is probably passé today.

pajama parties with my girlfriends are still simple, we watch movies, eat chocolate and talk about everything and nothing.

but it is true, teens (younger than me) are always doing stupid things

pajama parties with my girlfriends are still simple, we watch movies, eat chocolate and talk about everything and nothing.

but it is true, teens (younger than me) are always doing stupid things

This is what girls really did at pajama parties in 1964....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dQZsH5Vo1U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dQZsH5Vo1U</a>

my friend lea had a game like this.. it was called DREAM PHONE and you had to like use this phone to call guys.. it was super awesome.

here's what the commercial looked like: <a href="

" target="_blank">
</a>

God bless her, Annette really couldn't sing, could she? And I wonder how many takes they got in the can of her being thrown into the pool?

As for MYSTERY DATE-- I love the authoritative claim:

"Remember... Milton Bradley makes the best games in the world."

The lawyers would pick that to pieces today.

(Even if it is actually true! "Operation," anyone?)