Sign in to follow this  
Chmnofbrd

Chairman's Humor Photo of the Day 7/9/06 Beauty Parlors

My mom had one of those portable hair dryers with the "vacuum cleaner hose".

We always kidded her that one of these days were gonna plug it in to the wall backwards, and it would suck her brains out.

Do you realize that this website is becoming as pop as the Fair was? Not only do we highlight this slice of cake we label the ingredients.

If you look to the right of the little girl, someone got one of those hair dryers for Christmas 1964. Look close you can see the hose in the cover.

XMAS1964.jpg

Boy, I've never seen an aluminum tree light like that one! Cool!

post-1280-1237233743_thumb.jpg

Boy, I've never seen an aluminum tree light like that one! Cool!

post-1280-1237233743_thumb.jpg

You'll want to check out this PTU topic from a couple of Christmas's ago:

<a href="http://www.peacethroughunderstanding.org/index.php?showtopic=3653" target="_blank">http://www.peacethroughunderstanding.org/i...?showtopic=3653</a>

Thanks Randy! I am a big mid-century Christmas nut. Just last week I finally found a GREEN aluminum tree! Now my scope is set on that ever elusive BLUE aluminum tree.

Thanks, Trey; actually that’s a very good price.

The one I’m looking for is a brilliant medium blue, only saw it once but the 4-figure price tag was a deterrent.

One plus to being in Ohio is mid-century is all over & not appreciated.

Did the lady on the right just come from the beauty parlor or was it a stick on wiglet? Does anyone know where the "Garden of Devotion" is?

65moretack.jpg

Randy's gotta be right. A cursory Google search reveals dozens of Gardens of Devotion-- all in cemetaries across the country. The grass is still green, but not many leaves in the background trees (excluding evergreens)-- but from the coats and the long sleeve shirts, I'd say maybe early fall or early spring?

I think the lady on the right (in the cemetery photo) is wearing a piece. I have one of those, from about the same era...they drawstring on around an existing bun or high, short ponytail. Then you pin as necessary, and arrange the curls.

I think the lady on the right (in the cemetery photo) is wearing a piece.

That used to mean 'armed and dangerous'. Now that we think back, maybe that's an apt description.

"That used to mean 'armed and dangerous'. Now that we think back, maybe that's an apt description. "

Depends on how much styling product she used! Mwhahahaha.

My mother used to do this to me too when I was little to dry my hair LOL. I guess I should dig out my picture too.

60shairdryer.jpg