Sign in to follow this  
elpendo

General Electric NYWF Sales Coordination Council

I just received a few documents which have the following letterhead.

GENERAL ELECTRIC

NEW YORK WORLD'S FAIR

SALES COORDINATION COUNCIL

There is an older NYWF Unisphere logo on the letterhead as well.

Who was on this council and where did it fit into the whole picture? Is this just a fancy letterhead for a division of the Fair Corporation?

Here is the cover page to one of the documents which is a Progress report for the fair's exhibitors and vendors. It's a very comprehensive report, 80 plus pages. This is #8 of a series of them, it's dated February 20, 1963.

post-1405-1220908329_thumb.jpg

Thanks for any help!

J Pender

It looks like they were a separate office in the ad district, so I imagine it was an off-shoot to focus on advertising. Anyone recognize the guy's name?

Here are 2 sample pages from this document, most of the data sheets for each exhibit are detailed like this Ford Motor Company sheet and some not so detailed like this sheet for 7-UP. If there are any requests for any specific exhibits, I would be happy to scan a few more next week. Does anyone have any more information on this GE Sales Coordination council?

Ford

post-3877-1220937155_thumb.jpg

7-UP

JPender

It looks like they were a separate office in the ad district, so I imagine it was an off-shoot to focus on advertising. Anyone recognize the guy's name?

Sure! Billy Graham finally got tired of the corporate nonsense and opened his own pavilion for eternal "enlightenment". Well............maybe not.

Sure! Billy Graham finally got tired of the corporate nonsense and opened his own pavilion for eternal "enlightenment". Well............maybe not.

There was also a West-Coast concert promoter from the late-60's through early-90's named "Bill Graham", but I don't think the guy in the memo was that particular Bill Graham either...

Best Regards,

Kevin

If there are any requests for any specific exhibits, I would be happy to scan a few more next week. JPender

Anything interesting on RCA?

Ah, the GM document indicates that the WFSCC was indeed set up to sell GE equipment to exhibitors.

(GM bought 2 substations).

Thanks John.

Thanks, John