Sign in to follow this  
Chmnofbrd

Advertising Tie-Ins

It looks like it's a red incandescent light, about the same size as in that Belgian Village lantern that I mentioned a week or so ago.

By the way, I received the Belgian Village lantern in the mail, and I decided to test it by touching the wire leads to a 9 volt 'transistor' battery. Boy did that bulb light up bright! I was impressed. But I stopped lighting it, because it was SO bright I was afraid maybe it was designed for a battery source significantly lower than 9 volts. I was afraid I might burn out the bulb real quick.

Randy Lambertus mentioned that the Belgian Village vendors sold a 'flat' battery with the lantern, and it was flat enough to fit in your shirt pocket. I wonder how many volts it produced?

If this is about the same size red incandescent bulb, and it's designed to run off a watch type of 'button' battery, that would be a LOT less than 9 volts, wouldn't it?

Obviously I'm not an electrical power expert- I can't even tell you the difference between volts, watts, and amps.

Randy Lambertus mentioned that the Belgian Village vendors sold a 'flat' battery with the lantern, and it was flat enough to fit in your shirt pocket.  I wonder how many volts it produced?

4.5 volts, half of what you tried Randy.

You could get the same voltage with one of those plastic 3 AAA cell battery holders at Radio Shack.

270-412.jpg

Good thing you stopped as it would have burned out eventually.

Previous Belgium Lamp Battery Posting..

Don't just cool off.........<!--fonto:Impact--><span style="font-family:Impact"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->cool off <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->the World's Fair way

Did this company have an exhibit at the Hall of Education or Better Living Center?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They weren't a BLC exhibitor. That's all I know.

Did this company have an exhibit at the Hall of Education or Better Living Center?

They weren't a BLC exhibitor.    That's all I know.

Oops! Better head back to the library Eric!

On my BLC map, they are listed as being on the 2nd Floor Mezzanine, location 2M-24.

They handed out these cloth wipes to visitors.

Vent-Air_Cloth.jpg

I suppose the idea was- every time somebody got out the cloth to wipe off their glasses it was a reminder 'you know you wouldn't have to be doing this if you would just get those contacts!'.

The folks over at the Tower of Light also expressed an interest in people's eyes. They handed out this pamphlet with a glow-in-the-dark cover.

Instead of advocating contact lenses, their idea was to light up your house with enough high-powered light bulbs so your monthly electric bill will provide all the power company employees with pensions so they could retire at about age 35.

Glow-in-the-dark_pamphlet.jpg

Glow-in-the-dark_pamphlet_-_back.jpg

Glow-in-the-dark_pamphlet_-_inside.jpg

Apparently the Tower of Light booklet is the size of a matchbook, and it came with lens cloths.

There's one on eBay right now-

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7709260377" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=7709260377</a>

Where was the "Sazerac Lounge" that required a gold key to gain entrance?

It is touted in the second ad for the bonus books.

(The one that costs $10.95 for $16.00 worth of benefits!)

Karnak the Magnificent divines the following answer when he holds the envelope to his forehead: "New York State Pavilion Tower".

Unfortunately, Karnak does not say whether that is the answer to this question!

Karnac.jpg

These out of town supermarkets were not only selling these discount books but also discount admission tickets.

Transportation companies of course had tie-ins. I didn't think they would be of much note, therefore, but I ran across some interesting ones on ebay recently. Here's an american Airlines one that appeared in May 1965, one of a number urging peple to go before they miss the Fair.

The interesting thing is that the photo they used seems to be befroe opening, from late in the construction process in 1964.

And heres' the almost-invisible type of reference that some companies did