Sign in to follow this  
DeniseFuller

New York World's Fair Progress Film

At the Museum of Television and Radio in Beverly Hills yesterday, I watched a short film entitled, "Progress Report on the New York World's Fair". It was narrated by H.V. Kaltenborn and included wonderful footage of the fair's early planning stages, including an interview with Robert Moses and a speech by NY Mayor Robert Wagner. Much was made of the fact that Lincoln Center would be opening in the same general time period as the 64-65 Fair. Included in this film were wonderful photographs of the 39-40 Fair. The film is probably available at the Museum of Television and Radio in Manhattan, as well. I believe the film ran about 40 minutes and those minutes flew by far too quickly, as I enjoyed every minute of this wonderful gem. Has anyone else seen this film?

Denise

Denise

I have a copy of this film and like most fair flicks they fly by too fast. I never tire of watching films and wish more home movies people took would be available. 64-65 was still at the height of the home movies craze.

You can download it for free here:

<a href="http://www.archive.org/movies/details-db.php?collection=prelinger&collectionid=20541" target="_blank">http://www.archive.org/movies/details-db.p...lectionid=20541</a>

Thanks so much for the archive site for films, Bill. What a treasure. My husband and I watched the progress report film (again!) and the film on the construction of the Unisphere on that site last evening.

Denise

Newby here,

There is a website called extinctattractions.com. It is mainly disney oriented BUT the have a 2 disc DVD collection of the 64/65 fair. I have it and it is great.