Sign in to follow this  
FRMW

New York World's Fair 1964/65 in Photographs

Hi,

What happened to Mike Kraus web page:

<a href="http://www.nywf64photos.com" target="_blank">http://www.nywf64photos.com</a>

I believe he used the same host I did. It was okay until they sold out to a larger company.

Their servers and many of the hosted sites were hacked at some point and they never said a word about it and tried to cover it up as site upgrades.

I moved my sites in late February and they have continued to bill me for the account. Every time I have contacted them about it they say I don't have an account with them.

I can only imagine Mike's problems.

Hee-hee, yeah, they never heard of me either! They're not billing me, though.

Marc suggested a host that looks great, but I'm on the fence about bringing the site back. May go another direction, like cashing in, or cashing out, or just out period.

Undecided.

Is it Covad?

It was Can-Host, up in Canada. They were purchased by Mountain Cablevision, whoever they are. Their replies to my inquiries indicated that they hadn't a clue about anything.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->May go another direction, like cashing in, or cashing out, or just out period<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What the heck does THAT mean?

<!--QuoteBegin-Doug Seed+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Doug Seed)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->What the heck does THAT mean?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Running a web site isn't easy.

No, it isn't.

I never update the thing, never have the time, or want to make the time. So it's a half-a**ed site.

What I meant was, I could CD the photos and sell 'em, I could sell the collection, or I could just do nothing.

For now it's nothing.

Sorry for any disappointment, 'cause I like you folks!!

Yeah... I never update http://www.onlineSalem.com either... and I have people that want to pay me to advertise there!!

Maybe I should take a day or two off from PTU and pay a little attention to my own site!

Mike, check out http://www.aplus.net/

I just fired up a new site with them.

$5.95 a month for a minimal site!

A little over $70 bucks for a YEAR of hosting INCLUDING two years of domain name!!

Great pricing - nice people.

And domain names for just $13 for TWO YEARS!

Got any names you want to grab?

That's the place to do it... and they're in San Diego, too... none of that India stuff.

Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike - Get the photos on CD & make some bucks. They were so beautiful. I understand how hard it is to live a life & have a hobby. All you out there, Bill, Marc & Mike get my greatest appreciation.

Hee-hee, yeah, they never heard of me either!  They're not billing me, though.

Marc suggested a host that looks great, but I'm on the fence about bringing the site back. May go another direction, like cashing in, or cashing out, or just out period.

Undecided.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope you bring it back Mike!

Mike what will it take? Your site is my library. Some of us have met you and some have not, I count myself among the lucky ones who have.

PS FRMW I was so taken by your avatar that I could not resist but up date mine. Oh those teen years on the seven…

I could set up space on my servers for you. Even set up a photo gallery package that would help manage the images.

I just don't want to lose a great resource!

Marc

What ever needs to be done to get this great site back, needs to be done. These pics are a great souce of information. Plus when I need a quick Worlds Fair Fix its great to stroll through the fair via these fantastic pictures. I hope it will be back soon

Mike, I love your site, but know what a pain it can be and especially how tiring it is. I help out with my bro's site and working on it is something I approach with little or no enthusiasm. BUT, if there's anything I can do to help you in bringing back your site or taking some of the PIA stuff off your shoulders, just email me.

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->Mike, as you know, I've loved your site. If you chose not to re invent or resurrect it: please conceder selling the images on disk. The photo's are wonderful, and you deserve positive return for them.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->