Bill Cotter

And now for something completely different

Want a sneak preview of the City of Burbank float for next year's Rose Parade?

dinners-on-fire.jpg

Now do you want to guess who came up with that idea? Yours truly, with help from my wife and a very talented artist friend. We're thrilled that our design was picked and will be anxiously awaiting the sight of it on Colorado Blvd. No connection to the Fair but I wanted to share the news! Thanks for indulging me.

Bill

ps - working on a Fair-related project in my spare time (hah!) and should have word on that soon as well.

Wish I could say yes, but sadly, no. You can't get too fine a design when working with flowers. This thing will measure about 42 feet long, 15 feet wide and 15 feet high, by the way. If I can sneak in a NYWF reference I will!

Well, the work is over - our float is ready for the parade! It's #36 in the line up. Keep your fingers crossed and wish us well with the weather and the judges.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

Bill

Congrats Bill! It was with great pleasure that we watched the parade, and had a mini celebration when your float appeared. A very nice presentation indeed.

CBS had 2 1/2 hours of coverage.ABC had 2.Havent watched the dvd I recorded yet.

Here's the link to the parade

<a href="http://tournamentofroses.com/current/participants.htm" target="_blank">http://tournamentofroses.com/current/participants.htm</a>

Regards,Dave

Oh, Foo! Planned to watch the rerun on H&G TV, but they don't seem to be doing it this year.

Home from the parade with the fun of seeing the parade, the float and in winning the Founder's Trophy for "Most Spectacular Built & Decorated by Volunteers From a Community or Organization". A lot of work but well worth it. Now it's time to start on the 2006 entry.

Bill did sneak in a NYWF event on the Burbank float.

It was papa bear trying to make BEL-GEM Waffles on the BBQ.

I was watching from a balcony above the parade and the smoke got in my eyes!

I swear it was the same aroma as I remember at the real NYWF waffle stand.

Ray in Pasadena

Congratulations! I saw that on TV this morning, but just now looked here and discovered that it was yours

I'll get some pictures online shortly, Doug.

Anyone happen to have a tape of the CBS or NBC coverage of the parade?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have ABC's coverage of the parade,which was 2 hours.I had discovered CBS 's coverage was for 2 1/2 hours.So I recorded the last half hour of that on another dvd.

Your welcome to have a copy of any of my dvd's of the parade.

Regards,Dave

Unfotunately the jerks at ABC (which I taped) skipped right our float, so the announcers could argue if it was better to ride a motorscooter or horse in the parade. My CBS tape was defective, so I am looking for that and NBC.

Unfotunately the jerks at ABC (which I taped) skipped right our float, so the announcers could argue if it was better to ride a motorscooter or horse in the parade. My CBS tape was defective, so I am looking for that and NBC.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When ABC went off at 1pm est, I switched over to CBS ,and recorded the last 30 minutes of the parade.Of course the first 2 minutes was lost because the dvd recorder has to read the disc first before you can do anything.When I have time I will check.Its been a very busy day here with all the football on.

Regards,Dave

The design was chosen tonight for the City of Burbank float for the 2008 Rose Parade.

Anyone want to guess who the winner was?

I'm thrilled they picked our design once again. I'll post a drawing once we get the okay to do so, as other cities are still picking theirs and we don't want to give them any ideas.

Bill

Kudos, Bill! That's fantastic! And perhaps just the reason I need to finally actually show up in person for a Rose Parade instead of just watching it a few miles away on TV!