Sign in to follow this  
Rose

Silly, strange and nothing to do with the fair

This has nothing to do with the fair, but I thought it was fun. I wanted to share it with my PTU brethren.

If your just sitting at your computer with not much to do; try this:

Lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles (that's to the right....). Now, while doing this, draw the number "6" in the air with your right hand. Your foot will change direction.

Want to calculate exactly how much younger or older you are than well known people? check out:

<a href="http://www.frontiernet.net/%7Ecdm/age1.html" target="_blank">http://www.frontiernet.net/%7Ecdm/age1.html</a>

It will also tell you how old you were when certain famous/infamous events occurred.

Odd sort of things to occupy the mind ever so briefly.

This is beyond strange and sad

Craigslist ad causes woman's home to be destroyed<i></i>

NBC/KING

Last Updated: 4/5/2007 10:20:53 AM

An ad placed on Craig's List is being blamed for the ransacking of a Tacoma, Washington woman's home.

Vandals ripped apart the house after an ad posted on the internet bulletin board invited people to take anything they wanted from inside.

Now police and the home's owner are trying to find out who posted the ad, and why.

"It hurts. I was attached to this home because it used to be my mom's," says Laurie Raye.

A phone caller alerted raye to the destruction.

She soon walked through her garbage strewn front yard to find her house dismantled.

From the light fixtures to the hot water heater everything is gone...including the kitchen sink.

Her neighbors later reported seeing strangers hauling stuff away from her home, seemingly looking for salvage material.

The ad was posted on Craig's List last weekend.

An off-duty Tacoma police officer noticed the Craig's List ad last week...inviting people to enter the unlocked house and take whatever they wanted. Later, that same officer noticed the ad was flagged and canceled after a reported burglary at the house.

"We've had a lot of scams off of Craig's List...we've had prostitution things happen, rental scams, fraudulent activity. In this case, it appeared the items were going to be given away, but they were not," says Tacoma Police Investigator Gretchen Ellis.

Raye believes the unknown person who posted the ad carries a personal grudge against her, but that person also conned unsuspecting people into taking part.

When Raye contacted Craig's List she received an email back saying they can't release information about who posted the ad without a subpoena or search warrant.

Raye uses the house as a rental property and recently evicted the tenants. So far they have not been named suspects.

Yeah-- I just saw some video of this on CNN.com. Man, they absolutely tore her house apart. Yet another way that "mob mentality" is magnified a million-fold via the internet.