No replies to this topic

#1 JonathanBydlak

JonathanBydlak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 08:14 AM

To all interested parties:

An informal meeting has been tentatively scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, October 25th and 26th, 2003 to continue discussion regarding our efforts to bring a World's Fair to NYC in 2014. The meeting will take place in the New York metropolitan area. As was the case the last time, it is likely that some influential people will be attending, and we will be continuing to present a variety of perspectives and ideas.

Everyone who attends the meeting is being asked to prepare a short presentation (5-10 minutes) detailing your different visions for the fair. This can take the form of a Powerpoint presentation, or any type of audio/visuals that you prefer.

Some questions to consider include the following:

How large should it be? What goals should the fair hope to accomplish? What does the fair look like? What makes a “World’s Fair” a World’s Fair?

It would also be great if some people considered the typical criticisms of World's Fairs. Why exactly is the idea of a World’s Fair not passé? How do we get around the fact that technology changes much quicker nowadays? Etc.

Also, if you have anyone else in mind who might like to attend, please feel free to let me know.

If you are interested in attending (or know someone else who might), please RSVP to mailto:jbydlak@princeton.edu by Sunday, October 12th. Please include your name and contact information (if I don't already have it). Also, please note that this meeting will be videotaped, and if you have any concerns, please let me know in your email. Lastly, if there is anything else that you would like to see discussed, please be sure to tell me...I'm open to any and all advice.

I hope that many of you will be able to attend (including those of you who didn't make it to the last meeting), and I look forward to seeing many new faces!

Sincerely,

Jonathan Bydlak
mailto:jbydlak@princeton.edu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users