Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AMF Monorail

Welcome To the AMF Monorail Discussion Area...

Greetings,

Glad you stopped by!!!

In this area I concentrate on the AMF Monorail project which started in 1963 and ended in Flushing Meadow/Corona Park during June of 1966.

I am always searching for images, documents, film, audio, AMF personnel, and memorabilia from this attraction for my records. I have amassed a large collection of materials and contacts related to this Monorail but enjoy seeing new discoveries which add to my research.

Fortunately at least one of the fourteen cars, the last order for the St. Louis Car Company, survives in Alvin, Texas. I hope to salvage and restore this particular one or perhaps a better candidate if another one may be located.

Thanks to Marc Williams and Bill Young for allowing me to participate in PTU and providing space for my documents and images.

I have a few pages online at present and will be adding more areas as time permits. Please stop by and look them over.

I also have a comprehensive list of articles related to the 64-65 New York World's Fair that was originally compiled by the fair offices, and to which I have added my own references over the years.

I use it to search for AMF Monorail articles, but it is a good resource for the general NYWF enthusiast. I can't believe that this list is anywhere near complete. If you have documents that are not indicated, please send them along, and I'll credit you and add them to the list.

After all, we are all in this together, eh?

The URL for the AMF Monorail Research Project website is:

<a href="http://www.expoarchive.com/~amfmonorail/" target="_blank">http://www.expoarchive.com/~amfmonorail/</a>

I look forward to hearing from you. I am happy to answer questions related to the AMF Monorail, or to share copies of my documentation which may aid in your research.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Regards,

Randy.

(Monorail Hunter)

[This message has been edited by AMFMonorail (edited 04-23-2001).]