Sign in to follow this  
Bill Cotter

Remembering Tomorrow - a free Zoom presentation

Join me and Albert Fisher this Saturday for a look at the creation and the fun of the 1939-1940 & 1964-1965 New York World's Fairs. We'll be showing rare pictures and films, including some Albert shot while working at the 1964 Fair, with scenes of it being built and more. A Q&A session will follow the talk.
This will be a free event on Zoom, starting at 10 AM Pacific time on Saturday, May 2, 2020. A link to the event will be posted here at 9 AM that morning, so please stop by then and join us on Zoom!

remembering-tomorrow.jpg

Topic: Remembering Tomorrow - The 1939 & 1964 New York World's Fairs
Time: May 2, 2020 10:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
You can connect 5-10 minutes early to test your microphone and camera if needed

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/97967728840…

Meeting ID: 979 6772 8840
Password: 7UMC8m
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,97967728840#,,1#,685543# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,97967728840#,,1#,685543# US (Tacoma)

Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 979 6772 8840
Password: 685543

Thanks for doing this - it was super!

2 hours ago, magikbilly said:

Will this be uploaded soon?

Ditto?

On 5/7/2020 at 3:24 PM, magikbilly said:

Will this be uploaded soon?

I checked the youtube channel where the other one was and don't see it.  Hope it gets posted somewhere eventually.

I uploaded it earlier and it shows as "Processing video" for me. I'll post the link when it finishes. Been at it for a while - ran about two hours.

Sadly I blew it big time and did not capture a recording of the Seattle chat today. Been kicking myself. Perhaps an encore in a few weeks...

Next week: "NASA and the World's Fairs". Details to follow.

I had to laugh when Bill (Cotter) said about visiting the Ford Pavilion (paraphrasing), "Every time I got a badge, I told them I was from New York.  I didn't think to tell them I was from somewhere else, so I could get a different badge each time."

Remember Bill---- You like I were both Boy Scouts.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 1:10 PM, sunguar said:

I had to laugh when Bill (Cotter) said about visiting the Ford Pavilion (paraphrasing), "Every time I got a badge, I told them I was from New York.  I didn't think to tell them I was from somewhere else, so I could get a different badge each time."

Remember Bill---- You like I were both Boy Scouts.

Oh sure - I bet it really was because you were afraid of being overheard by an ever-present nun.  :lol:

You bet! I was an angel at school, of course, but saw what they did to the others.

Actually, a true story. I went to a Catholic elementary school for a time and it was over-crowded so they went to split hours. I went in the morning, and my brother Jim, who was a grade behind, went in the afternoon. One day I was home watching cartoons or something when Jim came in the door and stared pounding me on the head yelling "I'm not Billy Cotter!" over and over. Well, when the fighting stopped, we finally got an explanation. He had been in class and the nun asked him a question and he didn't know the answer, so she said "Your brother Billy knew it last year." That apparently happened 3-4 times and Jim blurted out "Well I'm not Billy Cotter!" Out came the ruler. Poor Jim was not in a good mood when he got home.

• Like 1