Sign in to follow this  
sunguar

Space Park: If You Can't Go Back, Build Your Own

Now that the time machine is in quarantine, and being in lockdown, I decided to build my own Space Park.

And here it is:

spacepb.jpg.02a90dbea1f6fd8de5eb59d7294c6698.jpg

spacepc.jpg.0d577b2d5cb999b37a89987e3fa1e64c.jpg

Nice!

• Like 1

Speaking of lockdown or whatever it’s called, NBC News reports today (3.31.20) that a part of the National Tennis Center in Flushing Meadow Corona Park will be used as a field hospital for victims of Coronavirus.  The precise location is the Billie Jean King stadium.

And yes, I just noticed the word Corona in the name of the park.  That’s really rather weird.

11 hours ago, Jim said:

And yes, I just noticed the word Corona in the name of the park.  That’s really rather weird.

And ironic.

Hi, yes, bad name for this time, like my sister in law, Isis. The story I heard years ago, revolves around the community on the park`s western side is Corona, the eastern side is Flushing. The park was given the name Flushing meadows, but since Corona bordered the park too, they wanted some recognition, and so Flushing Meadows- Corona Park was created. I heard this on a park tour over twenty years ago, took at face value, never confirmed it.

Take care everyone, be safe

Here's the full lineup:

rockets.jpg.07c079cc77ad0a14a3e6c5d7e1e3f299.jpg

Believe it or not, all the US rockets are in the same scale.  The Saturn V is so tall, if I backed away to fit it in the image, the Redstone would be hard to see. 

• Like 1

I don’t know if it’s ok to post this here but I want to say that I grieve for New York City. The covid 19 virus is beating the hell out of that great city and there is no end in clear sight. The death toll for Friday, just in the five boroughs , was nearly 700. And it appears covid hot spots are now popping up in Suffolk and Nassau counties. I never thought I’d live to see such a thing as this.  With all of our modernity and electronic wizardry, and a century removed from the last great pandemic in 1918, we are still no match for an invisible virus. These are desperate days for the greatest city in the world and its nearly nine million people.

• Like 1