Sign in to follow this  
waynebretl

High Speed Photography Pavilion

The brochure "Your Kodak at the New York World's Fair" mentions in a brief paragraph about the Eastman Garden
"Don't miss the High Speed Photography Pavilion where you can take a picture in 1/100,000 second of a baseball crashing a pane of glass."

Does anyone know more about this? Was it in inside the Kodak pavilion? Has such a shot surfaced somewhere?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, waynebretl said:

The brochure "Your Kodak at the New York World's Fair" mentions in a brief paragraph about the Eastman Garden
"Don't miss the High Speed Photography Pavilion where you can take a picture in 1/100,000 second of a baseball crashing a pane of glass."

Does anyone know more about this? Was it in inside the Kodak pavilion? Has such a shot surfaced somewhere?

I've never heard of this before.

I wonder if the "YOU can take a picture" part is accurate.

When I worked at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago in the 60's, the "Electric Theater" show included a demo of a strobe light capturing the shadow of a bursting baloon on a large phosphorescent screen. I wonder if this was something similar or Kodak actually had a strobe setup such that the public could use their own cameras (with "Bulb" setting) to capture the action.

"...Has such a shot surfaced somewhere?..."

To my knowledge this was in Kodak. I have several. They show up in albums. I might have a slide as well.

5 Kodak INTERIOR Baseball Demonstration 1939 DBL WEIIGHT 8x10  for Charlie.jpg

9 minutes ago, magikbilly said:

"...Has such a shot surfaced somewhere?..."

To my knowledge this was in Kodak. I have several. They show up in albums. I might have a slide as well.

Oh, wow! Thank you so much - that is great.