Sign in to follow this  
magikbilly

Let Down...I'm Coming around...T&P Exit!!! Glorious Imagery!

Hi All,

New photographs everyone!  Since my Mom died in January, killed by a nursing home in 3 day in no short order in front of my very helpless eyes (I can't believe I wish I was a lawyer), I have been dealing with serious PTSD and a host of other health problems - hence my lack of posts. I am down to 106 lbs, 80/40 BP and pulse 101! I am getting help folks :)

I was going through some Hiroshima blast materials and other for sale and a found a little brown envelope with these in. I bought them earlier this year. I tried to clean them up best I could.  BTW, the book on my ship, R.M.S. Mauretania Queen of the Ocean, that I have been working on with author David Hutchings for at least 13 years, is out this November! It is available in pre-order from Amazon. Published by the History Press. It is a great volume and I strongly recommend it - a great price as well for the content which is amazing. Best of all books on this subject and I have helped with more than one...

Here we Have the view coming down from the Helicline in 1939. July 26th to be exact. This view is notable for the view through and out the other side of the TRYLON! A great composition that shows the metal wire-work in the Plexiglas(?) Helicline walls, with the RCA tower way off in the distance. I am sure I have the material noted somewhere. As discussed elsewhere, this is a two-way out affair - staircase and to its left, lower, even with the Platform (closest to us). The wind at this height of 65 feet - that of the Rocket Thrower (or George Washington if you will) - can almost be felt. A bit of selective focus has been employed. I know the Trylon is fuzzy - I can't deal with that right now.

I think this is one of my best - as usual it is a snapshot. The other posted ("Gotta Go") is sequential, with this being second. RE the other photo, I just realized the closer you get to the bottom the more you hear the water! LOL

I hope you like it!

Eric :)

T&P 1939 Helicline A.2.3.jpg

• Like 1

So sorry to hear about your hardships, Eric. Please try to stay focused on the "World of Tomorrow." There is always hope for a better day, my friend.

And thanks for sharing this photo. I had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA there was wire work in the walls of the Helicline. Have never seen any indication of that before now-- and as you well know-- I've spent many hours staring at many photos of the Trylon & Perisphere! 

I had read this quickly on my phone and missed the first part abut your health issues, Eric. So sorry to hear about your challenges, and wishing you the very best.

Oh my, Eric, sorry to hear about your troubles. Please do check back in here to update us from time to time.

Regarding the photo, not only is it a great shot, but I really appreciate the care you took to make the copyright effective but not destructive of the composition.

8 hours ago, worldsfairent said:

So sorry to hear about your hardships, Eric. Please try to stay focused on the "World of Tomorrow." There is always hope for a better day, my friend.

And thanks for sharing this photo. I had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA there was wire work in the walls of the Helicline. Have never seen any indication of that before now-- and as you well know-- I've spent many hours staring at many photos of the Trylon & Perisphere! 

Dear Trey,

Thank you.  Always tomorrow :)

Check the photos I sent you of the well to do young boy with superb dress and smoked glasses on the Platform and Helicline and you will see the most detailed photos of that mesh I know of :) 

You already have them! :)   I literally deal in the future! ;) I sent them for that mesh.

Best always and thank you again,

Eric

8 hours ago, Bill Cotter said:

I had read this quickly on my phone and missed the first part abut your health issues, Eric. So sorry to hear about your challenges, and wishing you the very best.

Dear Bill,

Many thanks for the kind words. To quote the Talking Heads - "...Well, I'm dressed up so nice, and I'm doing my best..and I'm startin' over...startin' over again...."

Best always,

Eric

I will try and get you a copy of the Mauretania book if I can - I did some serious b/w restorations I'd like you to see. My best work yet.

6 hours ago, waynebretl said:

Oh my, Eric, sorry to hear about your troubles. Please do check back in here to update us from time to time.

Regarding the photo, not only is it a great shot, but I really appreciate the care you took to make the copyright effective but not destructive of the composition.

Dear Wayne,

Thank you for taking the time to express concern. It is most appreciated. Thanks re the copyright thing - I did it with Wally/Vlad in mind ;) for those with long memories!

Remember my related Obit? LOL :)

Best always my friend,

Eric 

I send you good wishes, Eric, and I thank you for this wonderful photo and all of the photos you share with us.

Best, Jim

4 hours ago, Jim said:

I send you good wishes, Eric, and I thank you for this wonderful photo and all of the photos you share with us.

Best, Jim

4 hours ago, Jim said:

Best, Jim

Thank you Jim. It is  appreciated. 

E

4 hours ago, Jim said:

Best, Jim