Bill Cotter

It's sad when no one wants their photos

Many of the photos I post are ones that I have bought and restored. It's sad when they include shots of happy families enjoying the Fair, but no one in the family seems to have wanted them anymore. Here's one of a group heading out for a day of fun in August 1965. They were crossing the Grand Central Parkway on the pedestrian bridge near the Meadow Lake Gate. It would be great if someone spotted themselves in it so I could get the photos back to them.

family-bridge-1.jpg
This was a print, and it had all sort of spots on it. It probably wasn't printed correctly back in 1965. Happily that can be fixed today.

family-bridge-2.jpg

Well, based on the second hand smoke in the telephone booth in the previous thread's photograph, one has to wonder if anyone in this family is still here.

That's how I always feel when I see old photos of people in antique stores, knowing that there has to be some descendants of those long-deceased people that would love to have the photos if they knew they existed....

11 hours ago, Jim said:

Well, based on the second hand smoke in the telephone booth in the previous thread's photograph, one has to wonder if anyone in this family is still here.

Weird, I had thought the same thing. Still, one would hope there were grandkids, etc. Sad.

When I'm walking around flea markets and see old photos like this, I stop and wonder if anyone would miss seeing them.  But actually, I think they have a better home here.  

They are not on the bridge going over to the federal area. They are at the AMF Monorail station. Question is are they getting on or have they just gotten off the monorail. 

I think those are ticket booths below, placing them on the bridge, not the Monorail.

2 hours ago, waynebretl said:

I think those are ticket booths below, placing them on the bridge, not the Monorail.

Yes sir. The Monorail was further inside.