Sign in to follow this  
xl5er

Irish Pavilion Dedication 17 May 1964 NY Times

I need to get this site moved to a better host and will add the SSL certificate when I do. The current host wants a FORTUNE for it. I have a brief vacation coming up and will be working on migration when I get back. I didn't want to risk breaking anything while out of touch. There is no danger I know of in using it without the SSL certificate as we don't sell anything, collect data, etc. but I do fully intend to add it as I have done on my other sites.

Nice article, by the way. I wonder where the Waterford crystal ended up!

Just a strange observation:  In the spring of 1964, Governor William Scranton of Pennsylvania was still seeking the presidency as a liberal Republican.  So his visit to the Fair would have been quite noteworthy.  However, the listing of is sons is what caught my eye when reading this article.  His three sons are listed as "William, Jr. 16, Joseph, 14, and 10."  Either Joseph was both 14 and 10, depending on how one reads that line, or the third son was simply named 10.  Of course, it's possible it's a mere typo but, fifty years later, the first two interpretations are funnier.

Peg and Al Bundy had a child named Seven. He disappeared. They’re probably somewhere with Ritchie Cunningham’s older brother Chuck. 

10 minutes ago, xl5er said:

Peg and Al Bundy had a child named Seven. He disappeared. They’re probably somewhere with Ritchie Cunningham’s older brother Chuck. 

Didn't George Costanza want to name his child "Seven"?