dougdi

Dashner tape & Horowitz tape.

I remembered a tape I bought years ago and was able to locate it easily. It's a 6 hour compilation of audio he recorded in ‘64-65, labeled 63 of 2500 and my name with his signature.

It’s great but there’s a fair (pun not intended) amount of static, probably due to tracking and EP recording. I saw talk of cd's - has this audio been transferred and would anyone here help me obtain a copy? No problem covering costs.

Also I found a vhs I bought from Ephraim Horowitz many years ago. It has about 14 minutes of film he shot in 1940 (as in the documentary) and another 45 minutes he shot in '64-65. I haven’t found this footage anywhere, I’d be happy to share if it’s allowed.

Doug

Having recently reviewed Bill Cotter's images on disc, I found one thing lacking--a sound track.  If anyone is willing to copy or part with Ray Dasher's recordings, I would like to sync them up with the images which are on the discs.

Ray

Hey Eric, thanks so much!

Eric,

Thats a great idea! If you need any professional help that’s what I do - post audio in addition to Sound Design. For some time I thought of contacting Bill Cotter to see if he had interested on making something using his photo collection, a doc or something. Bill, are you listening?

Doug

• Like 1

I'd also like to see some kind of a "soundtrack" with the photos.  Putting it together (proper sound with proper exhibits) would be a monumental task. 

Yes it would, but it depends on how deep you want to go. It could be a 10 minute slide show or much longer. Also audio exists for some attractions but not all. I would suggest starting small and going from there. Pick one attraction and create a one minute audio edit then edit the photos to that track. If the audio works well by itself then adding pictures is easier, with the track providing natural edit points. 

One of the tracks in the Dashner tapes, I don’t recall which pavilion, has a narrator naming each building and a little description of them. I'd start with that (just one idea). Or find the Jean Shepherd radio shows from the fair and use some of that for audio.

Now I just need to get a hold of the Dasher tapes----

Any ideas??