Sign in to follow this  
Bill Cotter

Night comes to the Fair

That was the best time at the fair, especially in 1964 when i drove the glide a ride through the middle of the fair, wide open with a view of all the beautiful colored lights and fireworks, balmy summer evenings. I always worked the 3 to midnight shift.

Larry, I believe you had the coolest job in the world.

Jim

On 3/23/2019 at 10:59 PM, Jim said:

Larry, I believe you had the coolest job in the world.

Jim

Yeah, it was great, Jim. I think it was March 1964 (started training before the fair opened) to Oct 1964 with the winter off, and in the winter i visited, and stayed with some, fair employees who lived in Texas. Too bad it didn't last forever. There were quite a few fair followers working there tho. They were in Seattle before and then Montreal. They tried to make it last forever.  Even if it did i guess i wouldn't have stayed young forever anyway. Maybe i would have. Maybe fairs are halfway in the twilight zone...

14 hours ago, Larry L said:

Maybe fairs are halfway in the twilight zone...

Submitted for your approval:  A bus driver, an ordinary employee of a bus company whos ordinary life is about to take a far left turn.  You see, the fare he has just picked up has directed him across the bridge, to the Lake Amusements Area, then to the American Indian Pavilion, where he will purchase a ticket.  A ticket that will take him directly to: The Twilight Zone.

2 hours ago, sunguar said:

Submitted for your approval:  A bus driver, an ordinary employee of a bus company whos ordinary life is about to take a far left turn.  You see, the fare he has just picked up has directed him across the bridge, to the Lake Amusements Area, then to the American Indian Pavilion, where he will purchase a ticket.  A ticket that will take him directly to: The Twilight Zone.

Cute!