See you over at Chun King! Just 99 cents will get you the "Seven Variety Dinner" or the "Hong Kong Burger Dinner". There's also Jeno's Pizza to the left in case you didn't want any of the "Most Excellent Chinese Food - Tastefully Prepared - Superbly Served".

chun-king-sept-64.jpg

Restored 35mm slide from Aug/Sept 1964.

And what is that woman (in the background) looking for/picking up?

18 hours ago, sunguar said:

And what is that woman (in the background) looking for/picking up?

One of the helicopters?

12 hours ago, Larry L said:

I used to eat my lunch at Chun King!

Does one really get hungry after knocking over dumpsters?    :lol:

On 3/24/2019 at 11:01 AM, sunguar said:

Does one really get hungry after knocking over dumpsters?    :lol:

It was a nasty rumor that circulated at the NYWF, especially amongst the Pinkerton crowd, that i was in the habit of knocking over Dempsey - or was it Dempster? - Dumpsters when in truth i just used to crash into them or sideswipe them.  Also in Navy boot camp they assigned me to guard one of them (were they afraid that spies would steal it?) that was filled with rotten vegetables from the chow hall. I can still smell it.  They should ban those things. They are dangerous. The dent up your bus when you bump into them. Then you have to worry about Mister Peterson noticing it and asking, "Why is the bus squashed in on the right side!?"  "Gee, I don't know. I got it like that. Probably the guy before me crashed into a depsey dumster or something."

On 3/24/2019 at 8:50 AM, waynebretl said:

I remember that nasty stuff!  No, the Chun King's chow mein was way better than that awful (salty) glop. I always liked Chinese food, from the american-chinese chow mein at the NYWF Chun King, and even in the PS 98 cafeteria, to the real authentic stuff that i favor now - tho i would still like to stop by the WF Chun King place, or the Chow Chow Cup outside of NYWF Gate 4, near where i parked my motorcycle. You got to eat the whole bowl at that one!  There was a Chirping Chicken there too.