Sign in to follow this  
cupaloy

Another Legacy Bites the Dust!

What a great find.  I didn't realize this building was still there.  It is rather nondescript; however, it is unfortunate it has to go'.

Oh it is exciting that they are remodeling the old WA State Pavilion (aka Coliseum or Key Arena)  Glad to see the main deal will survive and be used for another couple of decades. Poor NASA building's space will contribute to making that bigger building more usable. NASA has been on the decline for over 40 years as a storage room for the Coliseum extra seating. I think it was even cut in half and part moved slightly north for more storage and support room for the 
Seattle Center. Even when it was used a tradeshow building every so often it was just a big box after they removed the original NASA excitement

.  :(

I am just glad that so much still exists from the Seattle Worlds Fair.  Most other  city's fairs buildings were disposable and Seattle started with a plan to make a civic center of the area. This weekend another huge festival will be there around the main Fountain of the SWF & use all the remaining buildings.  :)