Rappaport

Inherited Collection - Need Help and Advice

Hello, new forum member here.

I joined because both of my parents worked at the 1964-5 Fair, and with my mom’s recent passing, I now have all her ephemera. It’s relatively easy to look up information on things like the pins, badges, and menus from the stand she worked at (7-Up Gardens). However, my mom kept everything. This includes her uniform, and a map that I think “fell off” a phone kiosk. (It definitely got pushed under a fence by the expressway then picked up after hours.)

I was hoping the community here could help me determine the value of what she kept. I mean this in an historical sense as much as a monetary one. 

I was going to attach some photos, but I’m going to have to reduce file sizes first or find a place to host/link. 

Thank you!  

Hello Rappaport,

Welcome to the community!

There are a few reference books available to research your collection, but I've discovered that even these don't have information on each and every artifact from the Fair.

If you'd like,you may email me and I can try to help. My email is rico.ent@hotmail.com

Regards,

Raymond

Welcome to the site. Sorry about your mom. I just spent a week working on clearing out my folks house, certainly not fun at all. I would love to know more about what you have found. I moved you to the "member" level so you should be able to post without restrictions. Let me know if you run into any problems.

Bill

Sorry to hear about your mom, but welcome to the site. 7-Up was my favorite place for lunch when I visited as a starving student in 1965.

It is always interesting to find some connection to people who worked at the fair, of which he have far too few, in my opinion. I hope in the process of solving your problem you will have some time to tell us more about your parents and their times working at the Fair.

• Like 1

Welcome to this site.  I'm sure you'll find a good deal of information about your treasures.  I love the story about the kiosk map.

Welcome.

For some of the most common items, I take a look at eBay.  The prices are all over the ballpark, but after a while you might get some idea of their value.  

For some of the rarer stuff some of the members here might be able to help.

Sorry about your Mom, but I also just got done cleaning an estate my Dad had, and it can be fun at times, and at times a chore.