Sign in to follow this  
Bill Cotter

The Probability Machine at IBM

Hi guys,

What great photos! I have not been to the Hall of Science in FMCP in 3 years. When I last visited, they had a working, smaller, replica of the "Probability Machine" on display. Worth going in just to see it. The photos depicting the fair in "Tomorrowland" are great, wish there were more .

Bill, I love your photos, thank you for sharing. It`s amazing, how just seeing a pavilion from a different angle can be so exciting. My wife does not understand that feeling, but alas, I do not understand the thrill she gets from "Say Yes To The Dress".

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE, and A HAPPY NEW YEAR.

• Like 1

Bill, can you zoom in on the man near the sign (bottom center) holding a camera? I'd like to see if I can tell what kind it is.

Also, there seems to be an alarm bell on top. Does anyone recall if that rang when the process was finished (or running)?

First photo:  Great view of the Probability Machine looking out the back of IBM and over the Pool of Industry towards the Bell Pavilion.  

Second photo:  The Probability Machine looking back at a Brass Rail, and a General Food arch, and to the left the Travel's Pavilion with the Aqua Rocket in front and WTH?

Oh Hollywood, you and your magical tricks.

4 hours ago, waynebretl said:

Bill, can you zoom in on the man near the sign (bottom center) holding a camera? I'd like to see if I can tell what kind it is.

Also, there seems to be an alarm bell on top. Does anyone recall if that rang when the process was finished (or running)?

All I can make out is "Probability Machine". The rest is too small and I can't decipher it. Racing like mad to pack for a trip, so no time to post it now, but remind me in a week and perhaps we'll figure it out.