Sign in to follow this  
Bill Cotter

Entering the Fair, September 1965

My family was there for two days in September of 1965.  I keep studying these photos and hoping I spot my family.

That's a lot the young girl in light blue is carrying.

I bet she's going to work at the fair.  Otherwise that's an awkward load to carry.

Looks like she is carrying a jacket and a small suitcase. She may have been a tourist in town and would be putting the bag in one of the coin operated lockers.

21 hours ago, icedstitch said:

That's a lot the young girl in light blue is carrying.

I bet she's going to work at the fair.  Otherwise that's an awkward load to carry.

18 hours ago, Bill Cotter said:

Looks like she is carrying a jacket and a small suitcase. She may have been a tourist in town and would be putting the bag in one of the coin operated lockers.

But if she is a tourist, she has to be staying somewhere.  And I doubt it is at the Fair. 

However, the suitcase may contain a uniform for a Pavilion hostess.

Most pavilions did the cleaning of the costumes for the staff. She might have been going hotel to Fair to home. I've done that sort of thing when I have a late flight home. You could also check in for your Eastern Airlines flight at the Fair and they would transfer your luggage for you. But, I guess we'll never know for sure unless she pops up!