Sign in to follow this  
Bill Cotter

Looking towards the Atomedic Hospital from in front of the US Post Office building

One of the MORE under-photographed places on the grounds.  It's enigma eludes me.

Tours will be arranged for professional personnel, hospital administrators, health insurance experts and delegates from foreign areas by appointment only.

No pics have come up?  Room color design, hallways, doctors and nurses looking semi bored on slow days?

The circular, 100 foot diameter structure....... The central core of the hospital houses control and monitoring equipment and provides space for emergency surgery. Surrounding this, there are 22, two bed wards. Only emergency medical-surgical services are provided at the Fair. Call boxes assure prompt medical attention within minutes of an emergency.

Really, EMERGENCY SURGERY?  What is that compared to say.... a broken leg, or someone's tooth knocked out from a bar room brawl at the Schaefer Center?

I'm not sensing it's for heart surgery. (;

2 hours ago, icedstitch said:

Nice! Found something. Bill great pics! First time I've seen them. https://www.worldsfairphotos.com/nywf64/atomedic.htm

Also Kaiser Permanente has a great article on the concept.

https://kaiserpermanentehistory.org/latest/atomedics-the-future-hospital-that-never-was/

That's my site and page about the hospital - glad you found it. I have a bunch of other shots taken by one of the nurses who worked there.

Interesting article by Kaiser, had to go to Part 2 to see the Fair mentioned.

Bill, I remember you posted a lot of photos of the Hospital, which I believe were taken by a nurse who worked there, but with no way to reference photos on this site, it's hard to direct someone to the exact page.