strommy8

Where is the plastic Kalwall sheeting that covered NY State Pavillion?

I am admittedly late to this party having been born when they were setting the pylons for the NY state Pavillion. I was at Paul Simon's final show this past Saturday and looked up to see "Welcome Home" banner hanging on facade of the "tent" and started to wonder "what went wrong" (American Tune in case you missed it).  I have seen the amazing video Modern Ruin: A World’s Fair Pavilion - by Matthew Silva and read some history discovering that in '76 the roof came down.  So I would like to know what happened to it (besides the fact that they let it smash to the ground cracking the terrazzo map and destroying its' future as well).  Thank you in advance for any information, and thankfully it finally looks like this wonder is getting the attention and $ it deserves.  

1964+New+York+State+Pavilion.jpeg

Sadly, they just dropped the roof sheets to the floor, smashing the map and shattering the sheets. There was no attempt at all to salvage anything. All of the broken pieces were hauled off to a landfill and buried. One more bad decision in a long and sad series of mistakes made about the pavilion.

• Thanks 1