Sign in to follow this  
mrtobor

Where is This Located, Please?

Hello All,

This is a screenshot taken about 3-4 minutes into the Peace Through Understanding DVD. I cannot ID which pavilion featured this image-changing display. Anyone know?

wfdisplay.jpg

What surrounds this? random clips?

A few wild guesses based on the multiple country flags:

1) one of the religious pavilions

2) one of the industrial pavilions with facilities in multiple countries

3) a mistake - not from NYWF

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Ghana

Wikipedia claims the lower left flag as representing Ghana from 1957 to 1962, and then being reinstated in 1966. If so, peculiar for a 1964-65 NYWF display.

Next higher is Thailand:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Thailand

Hi

Yes, this was a moving display in the US Pavilion at the `64 fair. I have a film from the Billy Graham Ministries titled "World`s Fair Encounter". The two principal characters visit the US Pavilion, and this display is shown.

Thanks! I wonder what the story was.

Mystery solved! No wonder I couldn't locate it.  I had assumed it was on the outside of a pavilion. Actually, it looks like the clip in the PTU DVD was taken from this very film. It can be found here. Thanks, TOTHEFAIR!

15 hours ago, mrtobor said:

Mystery solved! No wonder I couldn't locate it.  I had assumed it was on the outside of a pavilion. Actually, it looks like the clip in the PTU DVD was taken from this very film. It can be found here. Thanks, TOTHEFAIR!

Thanks for the link.  This is the first time I've seen "World's Fair Encounter".  It has some of the best World's Fair footage I have seen in a long time (before it becomes a "movie" within a movie).  Now I wonder (besides the principles) who else were actors in the first half.

Found elsewhere:

Hi. I am on the staff of the Billy Graham Center Archives, a department of Wheaton College in Wheaton, Illinois. As you mentioned, we do not have a copy of the film Man in the Fifth Dimension. However, in Collection 214 in our holdings (www.wheaton.edu/bgc/archives/guides/214.htm) we do have a copy of the script and production files. Anyone is welcome to view them in the Archives reading Room in Wheaton.

Anyone in the area? It would be interesting to see what they have there related to the Fair. Perhaps some ID on the folks in "World's Fair Encounter"!