Sign in to follow this  
nywf64.com

New for 2018 at nywf64.com

It's been a while since I posted the new items that have shown up at nywf64.com.  I thought I'd take this opportunity to let you know what's new at nywf64.com over the past year, including the latest presentation of For Those Who Produced the New York World's Fair 1965-1965 -- the presentation book given to those in the World's Fair Corporation who were instrumental in the creation and operation of the Fair.

Please enjoy these featured attractions at nywf64.com ...  Click on any of the photos below to go to that feature:

Capture4.jpg.d8ce2faf12320361edef4628c2d8a497.jpg

Capture5.jpg.a816d957a84823d726b2fbf90f64478a.jpg

Capture6.jpg.ac1e7cbf6c6b27659fd4dedf6014096c.jpg

Capture7.jpg.ef3c14bbe22b9c493893a6fd1998037e.jpg

Capture3.jpg.e54e349081898554542305067a8866cd.jpg

The new section with world's fair post cards is excellent.  I doubt I've ever visited a flea market without finding some post card from the NYWF, Expo or other fairs.  Are some of the cards you have listed from a flash card set of NYWF pavilions and attractions and not exactly true post cards.?  These would include images of Fair structures based on models and renderings and not actual photographs of finished buildings.  I have a set of thise flash cards.  They are post card size but not designed for mailing purposes.

I did find an error on the third page.  It's the seventh card down on the page and depicts the Unisphere and the Statue of Liberety behind it.  It is labeled as Unisphere and Rockefeller Center, however.

A bit below that is a rendering of the Masonic pavilion. An interesting find is that the huge Masonic symbol in the foreground (the square and compass) were moved to the huge Masonic Care Community in Utica, NY and it remains standing there today.

A distant view of the Masonic symbol in Utica is possible from the road in Google Earth street view. I leave it up to enthusiasts to find it for themselves.

I found another copy/paste error on the postcards page mentioned above: the Unisphere and TWA terminal card has text for the Unisphere and United Nations building.