sunguar

A Tale of Two Maps: Questions for '64 and '65

Okay, this has bugged me for a long while, and I could use some help.

I have both of my Time-Life maps framed, the 1964 edition and the 1965 edition.

I know the Guide books have gone through several editions--but how many have the Time-Life maps gone through?

I have this edition of the 1964--(with the Mississippi River Showboat offshore--so I assume this was an early and possible final edition of the 1964 map):

5b84787a48cdb_rsz_timelifemap64_edited(1)a.jpg.b16b63e37d4997fa2a4058e751c1ce06.jpg

and two editions of the 1965 map:

This:

5b8479af43e7f_rsz_timelifemap65_edited(2)b.jpg.ff200f0794ad61b2037f72744453d492.jpg

and this:

5b8479d0354b2_rsz_timelifemap65a_edited(1).jpg.eb2adedd8809e397700607eb32e18d24.jpg

But for the life of me, I can't find any differences between the first 1965 and the second (red band) 1965 map.

Does anyone know the total number of editions the Time-Life maps went through?  Were there only two?

I've looked at both 1965 maps quite a bit, and can't find any differences.  Are there any?

And where does one find the differences?

Thanks.

A couple of ways to find differences:

1) If you are capable of free-viewing stereo pairs and do not have one eye that is strongly dominant, you can compare a small section at a time. If you don't know what I mean by that, just forget it.

2) Scan both maps and display the difference of the two images in Photoshop or similar software.

20 hours ago, waynebretl said:

A couple of ways to find differences:

1) If you are capable of free-viewing stereo pairs and do not have one eye that is strongly dominant, you can compare a small section at a time. If you don't know what I mean by that, just forget it.

2) Scan both maps and display the difference of the two images in Photoshop or similar software.

I tried 1), and still don't find a difference and 2) would be impossible unless I scanned it in segments.

However, sometimes you stumble on an answer.  At the site  http://nywf64.com there is a 1964 map posted, and it doesn't have the "Mississippi River Showboat" sketch in the lake.  I thought the person who posted it might have just airbrushed it out, till I looked at the index, where it doesn't show up either.  Also, the "General Foods" Arch is labeled "Communications Arch" (all of them).  So there are at least two versions of the 1964 map.  

(As an aside, what ever happened to the "Mississippi River Showboat"?  Was that something they were going to tow from Freedomland?)